This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: 360 games require more strategy than PC games

#21pothocketPosted 2/1/2013 8:16:24 AM
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
I've never heard of it.

Better than all of the games on 360, you say?

What do you... do?

Nothing that can't be done on the 360. Same type of game as the Middle Earth one that came out on Arcade. See my original post in this topic.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#22AsucaHayashiPosted 2/1/2013 9:07:08 AM
pothocket posted...
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
I've never heard of it.

Better than all of the games on 360, you say?

What do you... do?

Nothing that can't be done on the 360. Same type of game as the Middle Earth one that came out on Arcade. See my original post in this topic.

guardians of middle-earth was incredibly simplified not to mention mediocre in comparison to any popular moba on PC.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#23MRL3G3NDPosted 2/1/2013 10:19:35 AM
example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjJN5yAmaDo
vs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT82EZvjEtg

bf2 for the console had smaller maps, worse graphics, the squad system was left out, jets, as well as the commander position.

it's not an elitist belief it's just true... or at least it WAS...because games used to be developed for the powerful pc's then stripped or "DUMBED" down to fit on a console.

Now they develop for consoles, and port them to pc's

but they would never put this

http://youtu.be/-aEugLqCQ1I
ARMA 2

on consoles because they said it's too complicated and it will never sell...people want to get in and shoot not think COD style rather than having to worry about bullet drop, wind velocity, and stance...

So thats more the industry...but it's changed, during the transition you heard a lot of devs say "we made it more accesible" which means they dumbed it down to reach a broader audience...

I think the PC still holds the crown for Simulations, and strategy games...I mean GEEZ the mouse and keyboard aka their controller has over 64 buttons lol
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#24BahamutBBobPosted 2/1/2013 10:25:41 AM
TheJCBand posted...
CoD

...is also on PC. The series was born on PC. The genre was born on PC. The genre plays better on PC.

With all of the PC games you specifically called out, yes, you can play them with next to no knowledge of the game and still do OK. If you want to be good at them, it takes practice and (in the RPGS) knowing what gear/stats to go for.

You may not really be able to notice the difference between 30 and 60 FPS, but 60 FPS will feel much smoother.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#25Snuckie7Posted 2/1/2013 10:26:34 AM
Not to mention the flagship Battfield games are still dumbed down for consoles. Battlefield 3 is literally a joke on consoles.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLi K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#26pothocketPosted 2/1/2013 10:32:43 AM(edited)
Does anyone else find it hilarious that we're trying to talk strategy but people keep mentioning generic military shooters as if it's relevant?

Here some bullet points to get you started on some actual conversation here:

- X-COM. Ultimate PC strategy game? Also released on PS1.

- I play board and card games that require more strategy than PC games. Explain that.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#27EvilCactusPosted 2/1/2013 10:37:21 AM
There is absolutely nothing F2P about Dota 2. Everything purchaseable is cosmetic.
---
sig here
#28MRL3G3NDPosted 2/1/2013 12:16:41 PM
pothocket posted...
Does anyone else find it hilarious that we're trying to talk strategy but people keep mentioning generic military shooters as if it's relevant?

Here some bullet points to get you started on some actual conversation here:

- X-COM. Ultimate PC strategy game? Also released on PS1.

- I play board and card games that require more strategy than PC games. Explain that.

The topic is kind of everywhere...TC must not know what dumbed down actually means

lol he actually thinks it means "smart People" games...and those MUST be strategy games...cuz those are the only games you have ta use ur brams fur

It's that limited console ignorance (and refusal to learn) that has this topic scatter brained...

and I'm a console gamer, but I also own a PC...I have no loyalty to any platform, whichever on has the most convenient fun experience is where I am going.

ARMA 2 looks like a run of the mill shooter, but if you had the patience to watch the video, you would see what dumbed down meant...When playing the medic, you have to access the injuries and apply the proper field combat medical procedures.

If you get shot, you have to bandage yourself to stop the bleeding
Pain and discomfort for a soldier may affect his aim and speed, and his ability to stay conscience...give him morphine

He may be unconscious...give him and eppie
he may need CPR

you have to act fast, think fast in order to revive someone
judging by the number of you with ADD who couldn't bear to watch the whole video

who would rather go through that or just zap him with da paddles, and his bullet wounds disappear and he's back to brand new?

That is what is considered dumbing down...they actually wanted to port ARMA2 to consoles but because consoles only have 512mb worth of memory, they would have to strip so much from it (dumb it down) it would completely ruin the title...
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#29popping4itPosted 2/1/2013 12:21:00 PM(edited)
theres a difference between streamlined and dumb-downed but typically people will use them interchangeably to fit their opinion/biases.
---
Ravens AFC Champs, Flacco = ELITE
Still hoping for a Shenmue 3.
#30AsucaHayashiPosted 2/1/2013 12:32:11 PM
EvilCactus posted...
There is absolutely nothing F2P about Dota 2. Everything purchaseable is cosmetic.

i think you mean P2W(pay to win).
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?