This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTA,Splinter Cell,Battlefield 4 delays means no Xbox 720 this year

#51JenniferTatePosted 2/1/2013 1:54:37 AM
Foxx3k posted...
AlkalineKitten posted...
Outside of the general graphics boost, the only studio that truly excites me for next gen potential is Naughty Dog.

Bungie? Respawn Studios maybe/probably? EA (Frostbite 2.0 or 2.5?)?

I keep hearing that Bungie project is an MMO of some kind, and that's a genre I spent nearly a decade too long in. I have no idea what Respawn is going to bring to the table, I haven't even heard about them in the longest time.

Frostbite 2.5 is exciting, but I'd like to see it branch out into games that don't take me back to my military service overseas. There's so much you could do with destructible environments with fantasy or sci fi, so if someone goes that route, hell yes, but I just don't see EA having any vision.

To truly be excited about the next gen, for me it'd have to be first party studios, since they can min/max the console better than most cross platform games. And right now outside of 343, I don't see anything MS is holding that's deadly. Epic isn't Epic anymore.

Naughty Dog consistently surprises me with what they can squeeze out of the PS3 at any given time, and I like that they don't play it safe when it comes to concepts. A Romancing The Stone homage? A new twist on zombie/end of the world stories based off of a Planet Earth special?

Sure, they don't exactly innovate when it comes to gameplay, but for performance, story, audio, and design, I think they nail what makes me most excited about video games.

You know what, I'll throw Rockstar up there with them, as Rockstar is probably my favorite developer and I have faith.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#52RockguyKevPosted 2/1/2013 8:08:20 AM
bluehat is right. I'd like to see someone name on logical reason why it won't release this year. The TC's weird analysis is not logical in the least.

Consoles are a quickly dying business (at least among casuals) and waiting past this year would be absolute murder. MS and/or Sony have to remind real gamers why consoles matter and they have to do it now. Also, the old model of tease > tease > release over a 2 year period has been dead in consumer electronics for years. Apple does tease/sell > release all within a two week period and that seems to work out pretty well for them I heard.

On a separate note, I almost feel bad for the Nintendo fanboys now. It is painfully obvious that they feel duped for buying a WiiU and are fighting so very hard to convince everyone else that they didn't make an awful spending choice. Don't worry guys, I was like you once. I too waited in line 16 hours to buy a Wii. I got over it, so can you.
#53rusty12000Posted 2/1/2013 8:14:08 AM
a new console needs to be put out, Xbox is simply too weak. its slowing down game progression.
---
http://openmedia.ca/meter -- Put a stop to Big internet companies trying to put a cap on bandwidth in Canada!!!!
#54godplaysSNESPosted 2/1/2013 8:17:34 AM
Elements012894 posted...
BF4 will probably be released on both generations. It'd be easy since the next gen version could be a straight port of the PC version.

This. Many multiplats will probably be for both current and next-gen for the first two years at least.

Except from the exclusives, most next-gen versions will probably be ports of the PC versions, as you said. With the current rumours, it seems like both the 720 and PS4 will be based on current PC tech, not having big customizations like in the past.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#55SearchmanV16Posted 2/1/2013 8:35:39 AM
Both next gen consoles will be released. The Wii U already had a holiday season advantage. Neither Sony or Microsoft will allow 2 holiday season advantages. Sony is expected to announce the PS4 on Feb 20th. Now, Microsoft will announce their new Xbox around E3. If you people think a new Xbox will not come out, you are sadly mistaken. It is all about money. If they rush it out, they rush it out. The current hardware each system uses is old. Crysis 2 and 3 & Battlefield 3 were held back because of the age of the hardware. PS3 hardware itself shows why the Xbox is still behind. Too many discs when you buy a series of games like the Mass Effect 3 Trilogy. I would like three discs, not five. When I played my ME2 and ME3 on my PS3, I had a better time since I wasn't flipping discs in and out every hr.
---
Let's go Heat.