This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you were to make a game...

#1VeliconisPosted 1/31/2013 12:57:13 PM
Based off of your knowledge of what people tend to like the most and dislike the most in a game, how would you make a game that could very easily appeal to every type of gamer (casual, hardcore, etc.)?

Your answer(s) don't have to be based on current or possible future limitations. Base your answer(s) on the idea that there are -no- limitations at all. Limitations such as AI capabilities, real-time alterations (enemy behavior, story, overall difficulty, etc.).

I'm making a topic about this because I'm curious as to what the more creative folks around here can come up with. I'm by no means a developer myself looking to steal anyone's ideas if they happen to be a developer themselves. Not to say anyone would claim that I'm attempting that, 'cause this is GameFAQs. According to everyone, no one is capable of breathing without a headset on with a tape repeating "Breathe in, breathe out" all day.

So, let 'er rip and let's see what folks can come up with.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
#2MahoganyTooth92Posted 1/31/2013 1:05:31 PM
I don't.
I make a game to appeal to a specific market, because that's how to make a good one.
---
"Mahohgay Teeth, you are wrong. Target Finder does not ignore Cold Blooded. U mad?"-HuffyChicken
#3SunDevil77Posted 1/31/2013 1:06:33 PM
Lush, open world game that takes place on multiple dinosaur infested islands, 3rd person shooter with melee combat/RPG elements and dialogue choices between many survivors. Also, character customization, and the ability to create your own survival hut.
---
Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.
#4Dragon NexusPosted 1/31/2013 1:20:57 PM
I don't.
I make a game to appeal to a specific market, because that's how to make a good one.

Well there goes your promising career with EA.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#5crynryanPosted 1/31/2013 5:24:05 PM
Lush, open world game that takes place on multiple dinosaur infested islands, 3rd person shooter with melee combat/RPG elements and dialogue choices between many survivors. Also, character customization, and the ability to create your own survival hut.

Dinosaurs would also have to be zombie dinosaurs.
Everything has to blow up, whether or not it actually would.
All the achievements have to be able to be obtained within the first couple of minutes.
---
Got any ideas to make a game with? Hit me up with them if you do.
#6TheFeshPincePosted 1/31/2013 5:26:58 PM
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
I don't.

I agree with this... but it would have to be a game that I would like to play myself, as well. Most likely a horror game with ghosts.
---
You wanna make me a sandwich?
#7darkharePosted 1/31/2013 6:47:52 PM
my wife and i are learning the programming language of droid/tablets so that we can come up with some concept ideas of games to be played while your taking a crap. games that you can play in short incraments but last a long time, like time managment sims etc.
---
a fish knows nothing but biting the hook.
#8TheBlueStigPosted 1/31/2013 6:50:17 PM
I don't.

It is actually possible to appeal to casual and hardcore with the correct implementation of difficulty levels, and by deliberately blocking off the easiest difficulty level until the player has died X number of times.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#9crynryanPosted 1/31/2013 7:55:17 PM
Quote:my wife and i are learning the programming language of droid/tablets so that we can come up with some concept ideas of games to be played while your taking a crap. games that you can play in short incraments but last a long time, like time managment sims etc.
@darkhare

You can create concepts without learning a language. Just create some design documents and some levels all on paper. Then see if you think it's fun.

Or you could prototype your stuff in Game Maker or Flash, since those are really easy to prototype in while Android/iOS is relatively much harder.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#10Halochief6Posted 1/31/2013 8:50:47 PM
I don't.

I get the feeling you missed the point
---
"Please explain to me how a dog can help a blind person see the difference in 720p to 1080p in tv sets under 32"?" - NakedSnake1986