This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You'll be playing last-gen games the day the 720 comes out... ?

#1RahzarXPosted 1/31/2013 12:21:56 PM
If this is seriously the year the next-gen comes, why are so many companies releasing games so god damn close to the release of the next consoles? I'll still be plucking away at GTA V on my brand spankin new console, no need to buy new games.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#2Super CreaturesPosted 1/31/2013 12:24:00 PM
I don't know, why did they do the same thing this gen, or last gen, or the gen before that, or the gen before that, etc, etc, etc?

Hell, GCN and PS2 games, even Dreamcast games in Japan, were still being released well into this gen.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#3beyondfromPosted 1/31/2013 12:25:00 PM
"We're getting a PS 1"
#4pothocketPosted 1/31/2013 12:25:13 PM
I miss Nightmare Creatures. That was a fun and violent game.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#5RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:25:26 PM
Super Creatures posted...
I don't know, why did they do the same thing this gen, or last gen, or the gen before that, or the gen before that, etc, etc, etc?

Hell, GCN and PS2 games, even Dreamcast games in Japan, were still being released well into this gen.

Not the best games of the consoles generation...

We're literally getting the best games of last-gen in the months prior to the next-gen.

This hasn't happened before.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#6Infinite 2003Posted 1/31/2013 12:25:33 PM
I probably won't buy the new consoles until maybe a year or two after release tbqh
---
Go Habs Go!
#7rockyoumonkeysPosted 1/31/2013 12:27:43 PM
Considering it'll be at least several months after launch before I buy a new console....yes. I'll still be playing the current gen's games well into the next gen's lifetime.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#8SunDevil77Posted 1/31/2013 12:29:12 PM
They're still making more DS games than 3DS games.
---
Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.
#9Super CreaturesPosted 1/31/2013 12:30:03 PM
RahzarX posted...
We're literally getting the best games of last-gen in the months prior to the next-gen.

Wait, we're getting Xbox, PS2, and GCN games a few months before the next Xbox and Playstation get released?

Also, best is subjective, and, since you obviously haven't played them, how can you already say they are the best games?

For all you know, these big AAA titles coming up could be the worst games ever released, just because they are big AAA titles does not mean they will be good, or better than anything already released.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#10RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 12:33:20 PM
Super Creatures posted...
RahzarX posted...

Wait, we're getting Xbox, PS2, and GCN games a few months before the next Xbox and Playstation get released?

Also, best is subjective, and, since you obviously haven't played them, how can you already say they are the best games?

For all you know, these big AAA titles coming up could be the worst games ever released, just because they are big AAA titles does not mean they will be good, or better than anything already released.

You know what I meant. When we're IN the next-gen, these consoles will be last-gen. As if I have to explain this.

These big AAA titles are not going to be bad. It's pretty much a sure thing that they will be of quality. Either way, why would a company invest millions of dollars into a game that could get passed on for a console? Seems more likely that these next consoles are non-existent than these games will suck.
---