This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You'll be playing last-gen games the day the 720 comes out... ?

#31Dragon NexusPosted 1/31/2013 6:15:47 PM
This has never been the way.

Within the launch window of all past generations, there has never been a huge title released. Never.

There are frequently big titles released. Which gens have you been playing? The end of the gen is where everything culminated before we see a bump up in graphics and the whole low to high quality graphics cycle begins anew.

Also with every new generation there's a bleedover effect where old gen and new gen overlap and we get "Available on Playstation 2 and Playstation 3" until eventually it's no longer required to cast such a broad net and the previous gen is let go, slowly but surely.

The only recent console that didn't do this was the Xbox, and that was simply because the console had been made unsustainable by MS and NVidia's deal breaking up.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#32triple sPosted 1/31/2013 6:42:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#33Gunvalkyrie2Posted 1/31/2013 6:46:54 PM
there are easily 10 games I will buy this year. Much bigger year for me than last year - if they think I'm gonna buy a new console they have another thing coming.
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#34TheFeshPincePosted 1/31/2013 6:51:19 PM
pothocket posted...
I miss Nightmare Creatures. That was a fun and violent game.

Nice.
---
You wanna make me a sandwich?
#35TheFeshPincePosted 1/31/2013 6:53:32 PM
TheFeshPince posted...
pothocket posted...
I miss Nightmare Creatures. That was a fun and violent game.

Nice.

I totally forgot about that game.
---
You wanna make me a sandwich?
#36Merc123Posted 1/31/2013 6:57:26 PM
I did not get my 360 until months after it had come out, i think Summer 06 is when i got one since it finally had some cool games coming out. Before that it all seemed like ports or games that were not really showing it off too well yet. I was still playing my original Xbox for a long time before that.

I have a feeling its gonna be the same thing with the New Xbox and PS4, i won't get one for a while and keep playing my 360 and PS3 for a while.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.
#37RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:05:25 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
This has never been the way.

Within the launch window of all past generations, there has never been a huge title released. Never.

There are frequently big titles released. Which gens have you been playing? The end of the gen is where everything culminated before we see a bump up in graphics and the whole low to high quality graphics cycle begins anew.

Also with every new generation there's a bleedover effect where old gen and new gen overlap and we get "Available on Playstation 2 and Playstation 3" until eventually it's no longer required to cast such a broad net and the previous gen is let go, slowly but surely.

The only recent console that didn't do this was the Xbox, and that was simply because the console had been made unsustainable by MS and NVidia's deal breaking up.

Playstation had no big releases leading up to the Ps2. Same with the Ps2 - Ps3.

It's simply a matter of hyping up your machine instead of putting everyone in a bind where they don't even need your new console because you JUST put out brand new games. What's the point? Most people don't even want a 720 now because we're getting some of the best titles at the last possibly minute.

There are some cases like someone mentioned with Chrono Trigger, but that's special because I say it is.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#38RED_LINK1Posted 1/31/2013 7:09:07 PM
Yes, I played Halo 2 on my 360 when it came out.
#39Foxx3kPosted 1/31/2013 11:21:32 PM
I don't know ...

Xbox360's release lineup is ridiculously sparse this year. It's clear they're slowing down.

Playstation 3's is rich, but I also think people might be jumping the gun in assuming their conference is the PS4. But, that said, their big titles are all launching in the summer at the latest, leaving the juicy holidays wide open.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]