This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm amazed people still say "Suda Fifty-One"

#1DarkECOJakPosted 1/31/2013 2:49:11 PM
I'm not talking normal people who read a game review or box art, but rather those in the gaming industry who should know by now that they are mispronouncing the name. I constantly see videos of games like Lollipop Chainsaw and No More Heroes where even IGN and Gamespot can't seem to get it right. Haven't they been in this business long enough to know it's "Suda Five-One?"
---
Love Mystery Science Theater? Check out ROFL@TheMovies! http://www.youtube.com/user/ROFLatTheMovies?feature=mhee
#2josh924Posted 1/31/2013 2:55:29 PM(edited)
Who made Halo 4? Three Hundred and Forty Three Industries, of course.

Seriously, though...I didn't know it was Suda Five One. Then again, I've never actually heard anyone say "Suda 51". Even if I have, I'm sure they said it like "Suda Fifty One".
---
When the trolls say "jump", the mods ask "how high?".
#3gldooriiPosted 1/31/2013 2:54:53 PM
Goichi Suda, also known as Suda 51, is the CEO of Grasshopper Manufacture and a former designer at Human Entertainment. The "51" in his nickname, Suda51, is a pun on his given name. In Japanese, "Go" means 5 and "ichi" means 1.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#4Dragon NexusPosted 1/31/2013 2:55:02 PM
I think they can be excused for not getting the japanese in-joke, especially since the company name is written as Suda 51, not Suda 5 1 or Suda 5-1.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#5dannyaqPosted 1/31/2013 2:56:00 PM
but how should they know if everybody mispronounces it? I've never seen a video where he says his own name.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#6Carte360Posted 1/31/2013 2:56:31 PM
I call him Suda 51, fifty one. Much more catchy and easy to remember.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#7Killah PriestPosted 1/31/2013 2:57:24 PM
yea who cares.

fifty one
five one

I know who you are talking about so I won't be a douche.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#8gldooriiPosted 1/31/2013 2:59:19 PM
Apparently most of us aren't hardcore enough to know background puns for people like Goichi.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#9Astaroth211Posted 1/31/2013 3:12:08 PM
I'm amazed anyone actually cares.
---
./_\ .('''' ''''|'''' /_\ ..|''') /'''\ ''''|'''' |_|211
/ ....\ _)...|../..... \.|'''\ \_/....|...|....| GT: Astaroth1337
#10TwinmoldPosted 1/31/2013 3:14:23 PM
The fact that there is a topic about this is weird.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf