This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resident Evil; Returning to It's Roots.

#1SunDevil77Posted 1/31/2013 2:11:59 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/31/resident-evil-will-return-to-its-roots

/golf claps
---
Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.
#2BlueJester007Posted 1/31/2013 2:15:54 PM
Meh. I don't really care if the series "returns to its roots". I just want it to be a fun action game with a bit of horror mixed in. Nothing special. Somehow, they have managed to fail at that.
---
Math illiteracy affects every 7 out of 5 people.
#3GGearXPosted 1/31/2013 2:18:48 PM
Make RE 1.5 already. Sheesh.

Use Dead spaces Drop in co- op. (single player your alone, not with a stupid AI)
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#4Arucard05Posted 1/31/2013 2:26:12 PM
I liked the older games, so a return to that more deliberate style wouldn't bother me. I wouldn't mind if they continued down the shooter path either, as long as they committed to it fully for once.

Whatever you do Capcom, just make it good.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#5zerooo0Posted 1/31/2013 2:28:24 PM
I liked RE6. Even with the hate it got.
---
Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip
#6Dragon NexusPosted 1/31/2013 3:26:34 PM
Meh. I don't really care if the series "returns to its roots". I just want it to be a fun action game with a bit of horror mixed in. Nothing special. Somehow, they have managed to fail at that.

I was going to argue with this...but then I remembered Resi 4 was my favourite Resi and the only one I can say I truely enjoyed. So yeah...
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#7RygonPosted 1/31/2013 3:30:25 PM
Resident Evils roots, an open world shooter.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#8Res5Posted 1/31/2013 3:34:58 PM
I'll not go into why I think this can be good and bad (very, very bad) but I'll keep my hopes up as I'm definitely a fan of newer RE more than older RE and as long as things don't go totally back to roots I'll likely be fine with whatever they do.

Or they could do what happened to Devil May Cry and make a totally new franchise out of this venture.
---
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#9DRzCalderonPosted 1/31/2013 3:45:13 PM(edited)
Dragon Nexus posted...

I was going to argue with this...but then I remembered Resi 4 was my favourite Resi and the only one I can say I truely enjoyed. So yeah...

Haha same thought. Would really like to see a RE game just as good as RE4. The Action isn't the problem, it's the terrible execution without any of the RE formula poured into it.
---
"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
#10foodeater4Posted 1/31/2013 3:45:23 PM
I've enjoyed all the RE games, even Racoon City. I'll will buy the next RE game whether its action packed or goes to slow paced surival horror.