This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people prefer Gears over BO2 and vice versa? What about you?

#1xXKratosG9XxPosted 1/31/2013 3:08:15 PM
Interested in this. A bunch of people I know prefer Gears and have migrated full time to it recently, but these guys are all pretty much horrible in Call of Duty in general, not just BO2. They play a lot and aren't outright garbage, but if they play against other actual good players they'll be exposed. Which they probably got tired of I'm guessing. I know a couple of others who are actualy pretty good at CoD and still play on it and could care less for Gears so this has been on my mind recently, and why not ask professional gamers on a gaming forum!
---
Texas Longhorns
Kevin Durant to OKC
#2Zohar_MetatronPosted 1/31/2013 3:10:19 PM
I don't think there's a lot of professional gamers around here.

But yeah, I prefer Gears gameplay by a long shot. Also, as a primarily single-player person, Gears' campaigns aren't downright offensive to my consumer sensibilities, which I can't really say about any modern military shooter outside of Spec Ops.
---
Who took the bomp from the bompalompalomp?
#3SunDevil77Posted 1/31/2013 3:11:27 PM
I like both. Gears is a TPS, Blops is a FPS. Polar opposites.
---
Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.
#4xXKratosG9Xx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 3:19:50 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
I like both. Gears is a TPS, Blops is a FPS. Polar opposites.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. So they're not really even comparable then. A 3rd person shooter is a lot different from a first person if you actually play one of those types of games and breathe it. Didn't know Gears was a TPS.
---
Texas Longhorns
Kevin Durant to OKC
#5AirborneMp90Posted 1/31/2013 3:21:57 PM
Gears is better because thats what my mom pre ordered for me from gamestop.
#6crynryanPosted 1/31/2013 4:22:25 PM
One of the things I've seen in some FPS's, COD especially, are that some of the animations are downright horrible (which you'd think is because you never see your character moving, so they can be as bad as they want). In a TPS, they actually have to try a little more since you're always able to see your characters.

For me, it's about quality. While COD strives for it's 60 FPS, Gears is able to do so much more with the effects. Not to mention that the gameplay is infinitely greater.
---
Got any ideas to make a game with? Hit me up with them if you do.
#7TheFeshPincePosted 1/31/2013 4:25:33 PM
Neither one is very good.
---
You wanna make me a sandwich?
#8vigorm0rtisPosted 1/31/2013 4:31:13 PM
I prefer Gears because it's not a twitch shooter.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#9SunDevil77Posted 1/31/2013 4:34:26 PM
Quote:Neither one is very good.
@TheFeshPince
Aren't you the guy who defends MoH: Warfighter?
---
Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.