This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DAE stay home and play videogames instead of go out

#51GGearXPosted 2/1/2013 4:24:18 PM
LonnyJohnson posted...
Lightgamer posted...
Kicking a chair seriously? A situation like that can be easily diffused though. But yeah mine was messed up. Though I do hope to see her around campus to speak again, she had many cool stories to tell. I notice I really enjoy speaking with older woman.. Not in a way as wanting to date or for sex, just more easy to talk to. I have a gf but other gurls around my age are hard to talk to because some talk flirty and I just want to talk not ****, (like If I have a chance when they find out Im just a gamer geek)

Whenever I meet a girl I always feel embarrassed for them to find out about things like that. When I lived at home I would literally hide my games when girls came over lol. If you have to do that though, it just shows you're going after the wrong girls. Nothing wrong with it though, everyone wants to get laid. Girls lie about themselves or rather soften certain aspects of themselves to become more appealing to a guy they are interested in.

Bang the hot chicks. And live with the ok ones. That's what I was taught by my past friends.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#52LightgamerPosted 2/1/2013 4:31:37 PM
GGearX posted...
Lightgamer posted...
Kicking a chair seriously? A situation like that can be easily diffused though. But yeah mine was messed up. Though I do hope to see her around campus to speak again, she had many cool stories to tell. I notice I really enjoy speaking with older woman.. Not in a way as wanting to date or for sex, just more easy to talk to. I have a gf but other gurls around my age are hard to talk to because some talk flirty and I just want to talk not ****, (like If I have a chance when they find out Im just a gamer geek)

You mean you don't wear "old school" clothes? IIRC chick's dig me because I am me. I remember I rejected some hot cheerleader in 8th grade over some nerdy chick. " biggest rejection of the year" I was told that for weeks lol.
And the whole kicking chair. Lol back then I was Mr. Tough guy. It's crazy how many chick's flock to you because you ignore everyone.

I don't understand what you mean by "old school" clothes. Honestly I do act like myself, when I speak to people we talk about anything. I do point out I like playing games and stuff but most girls I speak to dont play games so I scratch that off the things to talk about. Most guys play games, that's obvious. But the time I do find I classmate that is a heavy gamer.. Hes the one who doesnt talk at all. And I've tried speaking to those types before.. Never works out. Although I consider myself a heavy gamer I learned that I only enjoy talking to people about regular life. That's who I am.
---
Xbox Live: GodintheGalaxy, PSN: EuphoricJudas
#53Gameguy1Posted 2/2/2013 12:25:46 AM
I have social anxiety for forever, slowly getting off anti-depressants after being on 15 years, horrible side effects but i am still on another one for anxiety because i can't sleep without it. Tapering off the anti-depressants is HELL, you get addicted like any drug.

I probably had one friend in the past 10 years, went to probably 500 or 600 games with this guy, baseball, basketball, US Open tennis, hockey. Other than that sitting at home gaming or watching sports. He is kinda just a drinking buddy, but most people annoy or bore me. Most people I meet have no substance and you can tell within like 5 minutes.

I met a fat girl online who is crazy about me, she is at least 50 pounds overweight though and to make matters worse she told me if I get an XBox 360 she is leaving me. Some hot girls show interest in me in random places and I mumble/stutter and blow it. But those same girls would ignore me when I would go to bars or clubs for that short span where I actually tried. I think you are either cool or you are not, I am definately a nerd and most girls aren't into awkward guys.

I am utterly convinced that people hate me in social situations maybe that is the social anxiety/phobia but it is a vicious cycle, the more you withdraw, the harder it is. At least I can say even though I have no social life, I also made zero effort and in many ways didn't give a f**k. The key is to not care
#54LythirisPosted 2/2/2013 3:42:04 AM
tc, do you have avoidant personality disorder
---
"I figured maybe a bullet in the back. Or a knife in the back. Maybe hit by a train."
"In the back?" "In the back, yeah."
#55LonnyJohnson(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 10:45:16 AM
Gameguy1 posted...
I have social anxiety for forever, slowly getting off anti-depressants after being on 15 years, horrible side effects but i am still on another one for anxiety because i can't sleep without it. Tapering off the anti-depressants is HELL, you get addicted like any drug.

I probably had one friend in the past 10 years, went to probably 500 or 600 games with this guy, baseball, basketball, US Open tennis, hockey. Other than that sitting at home gaming or watching sports. He is kinda just a drinking buddy, but most people annoy or bore me. Most people I meet have no substance and you can tell within like 5 minutes.

I met a fat girl online who is crazy about me, she is at least 50 pounds overweight though and to make matters worse she told me if I get an XBox 360 she is leaving me. Some hot girls show interest in me in random places and I mumble/stutter and blow it. But those same girls would ignore me when I would go to bars or clubs for that short span where I actually tried. I think you are either cool or you are not, I am definately a nerd and most girls aren't into awkward guys.

I am utterly convinced that people hate me in social situations maybe that is the social anxiety/phobia but it is a vicious cycle, the more you withdraw, the harder it is. At least I can say even though I have no social life, I also made zero effort and in many ways didn't give a f**k. The key is to not care

I think you bring up a very good point. Some either are in and some just aren't. Which is perfectly fine. Some people's personality types just aren't drawn to that sort of thing. Everyone's brain is different. There are those that kind of see through things and spend time thinking about things that others choose not to and those that go with the flow. Good luck with getting off your depression medication!

Lythiris posted...
tc, do you have avoidant personality disorder

Avoidant? Not necessarily. Maybe I did when I was in school but I grew out of it after I realized life after high school got much better. I've always been one of those people that liked to do my own thing and make my own lane. I don't live by anyone elses rules. Old friends of mine were more drawn to the more partying side of life, whereas I sort of retracted from that and just worked on my own stuff by myself. I'm fine with it really. I can't be depressed about it anymore because I'm happier than I was when I was living a lie, going out partying and being around people I didn't wanna be around. Life gets easier as you stop carrying about certain things.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#56EvocoPosted 2/2/2013 10:49:37 AM
LonnyJohnson posted...
Avoidant? Not necessarily. Maybe I did when I was in school but I grew out of it after I realized life after high school got much better. I've always been one of those people that liked to do my own thing and make my own lane. I don't live by anyone elses rules. Old friends of mine were more drawn to the more partying side of life, whereas I sort of retracted from that and just worked on my own stuff by myself. I'm fine with it really. I can't be depressed about it anymore because I'm happier than I was when I was living a lie, going out partying and being around people I didn't wanna be around. Life gets easier as you stop carrying about certain things.

^ This.
#57TheBlueStigPosted 2/2/2013 11:00:28 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adderall

Important side effects of therapeutic dextroamphetamine include stunted growth in young people and occasionally a psychosis can occur at therapeutic doses

The TC is basically on prescription speed, and might be showing up on the TV news later when he snaps and kills someone.

But the news won't blame the drugs, they'll blame the videogames he played.....
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#58LonnyJohnson(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 11:02:11 AM
TheBlueStig posted...

Important side effects of therapeutic dextroamphetamine include stunted growth in young people and occasionally a psychosis can occur at therapeutic doses

The TC is basically on prescription speed, and might be showing up on the TV news later when he snaps and kills someone.

I don't take enough for any of the negative effects. I was prescribed a low dosage and I only take half. Nice try though.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#59TheBlueStigPosted 2/2/2013 11:07:06 AM
LonnyJohnson posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

I don't take enough for any of the negative effects. I was prescribed a low dosage and I only take half. Nice try though.

So you don't take enough for it to actually work, which means you shouldn't be on it to begin with.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#60LonnyJohnson(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 11:12:06 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
LonnyJohnson posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

So you don't take enough for it to actually work, which means you shouldn't be on it to begin with.

It was prescribed for social anxiety therefore my tolerance to it remains low and it definitely does the job. You know so much about me dude!
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson