This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm tempted to start buying used games for first time & start saving money.

#1Kano92Posted 1/31/2013 4:55:46 PM
I have about 55 games between my 360/PS3 all bought new. Used games are like half the price and sometimes even less than half. I've only bought new, now it seems to late to start buying used, start mixing in used possible dirty games with new mint condition games seems like a shame. If I would have started buying used from the beginning then it would not seem like a big deal. But now start to buy used just seems like I wasted alot of money when I could have started to buy used and save. I still have at least another 50 games to buy before next gen begins. I know it sounds silly but I'm just starting to get tired spending this much money on games.
---
Dust collecting Wii's sold more consoles but don't mean nothing,
Play any Skyrim,COD,GOW,SF4,MK,GT5,FORZA,MassEf,Gears,DarkS,BF3,RE5,Portal..No didn't think so
#2spectralPosted 1/31/2013 5:51:53 PM
Just wait till they've been out a while and buy the new games cheaper.
#3GGearXPosted 1/31/2013 5:55:52 PM
spectral posted...
Just wait till they've been out a while and buy the new games cheaper.

Unless they have an online pass. I wouldn't buy it new. The most I ever played for a game is 40 bucks. TC should buy used. Saving money is good.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#4theknight1980Posted 1/31/2013 6:00:22 PM
Just buy them used unless you really want to play the MP. If you are looking at the game on the shelf in a store then the developer has already made their money. They do not get money from the individual sale but from the bulk purchase made by the retailer. Plus its your money spend how you like.

I buy everything used sometimes I even get an unused online pass in my box so it normally works out well.
---
Gaming was better before Gamefaqs.
#5rockyoumonkeysPosted 1/31/2013 6:05:23 PM
I on the other hand like supporting companies that make the games.

The solution isn't necessarily to start buying used, but to start buying fewer games. Just be more selective. And sure, wait for price drops too if you're inclined.

But whatever floats your boat. Your dingy, foul-smelling second-hand boat.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#6Spidey555Posted 1/31/2013 6:10:40 PM
Do people not buy used cars? Used houses?
---
360 GT: FiendishFiend
Steam: Spidey555
#7GGearXPosted 1/31/2013 6:12:22 PM
Spidey555 posted...

I guess not because " we must support the contractors, we must support GM! "
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#8SunDevil77Posted 1/31/2013 6:13:44 PM
You can always inspect a game if you buy it used. Don't like the condition? Return it and send it back.

Gamefly, for example, has a used program that's as good as buying new. They send all codes that come with the game when you buy it new, and the condition is fantastic 90% of the time.
---
Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.
#9rockyoumonkeysPosted 1/31/2013 6:56:57 PM
Spidey555 posted...

Yes, something that costs $60 is exactly the same as something that costs $20K or $300K.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#10Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 1/31/2013 7:00:22 PM
As long as the game is complete and in good shape buying used is always a better idea unless your buying used from gamestop dont brother they charge you like 54.99 for a used game lol.. Might as well get it new at that point. Just go to those smaller local stores they usally have pretty good or ok prices on used games.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9