This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm tempted to start buying used games for first time & start saving money.

#41SixStringHeroPosted 2/1/2013 9:16:33 AM
Used games are part of the ecology of gaming. The publishers already made their money off of the INITIAL purchase of the title. The developers were already paid to develop said game. Service space for the MP component was already allocated for that sold copy, which is why on line passes are nothing more than a money grab.

This was never an issue for years, and now it is?
I have found many a good game I would not have taken a chance on otherwise, enjoyed the title and supported the developers next title at launch.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#42SixStringHeroPosted 2/1/2013 9:21:32 AM
Meant to say Server Space
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#43dcn2424Posted 2/2/2013 2:28:19 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
dcn2424 posted...
I haven't seen a game worth $60 yet.

Do you honestly think that?

Yes, most definitely.
#44dcn2424Posted 2/2/2013 2:37:14 AM
rockyoumonkeys posted...
dcn2424 posted...
I haven't seen a game worth $60 yet.

The people who say this have some completely arbitrary and nonsensical standard for what money is worth.

Here's a simple fact: if you've never seen a game worth $60, then you just don't really like video games that much. Find a new hobby.

I like video games. $60 is the wrong price point for video games.
#45OverburdenedPosted 2/2/2013 2:44:47 AM
I buy secon hand most of the time, have a look at the cases in store to see if their in good condition, you know the disks will be fine other the shop wouldn't buy them off of people.

If I buy offline, I tend to buy th ones that say 'used but like new' etc.

If you want to have online passes etc, shop aroun for the game, it will always be cheaper somewhere.

I buy games new if I really want them badly, other wise I just wait a couple months for a price drop/people selling them.

And plus by waiting, the message boards on here are full of useful tips if you're ever stuck in a game, who cares if you're the "last person on earth" to get the game.
---
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#46CaseyJonezPosted 2/2/2013 3:19:52 AM
I really don't think buying used is the way to go. How many places sell used games that you can save $10+ when buying used instead of new?

When I bought Nier, the difference in price was $2.

It's best to wait for a price drop. I saved just under $40 on Mass Effect 3 because I waited until September for a sale. Mass Effect 2 I got for $15.00 because I was late getting into the series. I bought Borderlands with all four dlc for $60 because I waited for the game of the year edition. And this morning I'll be picking up brand new copies of both Spec Ops: The Line and The Walking Dead (Adventure) for the price of a new release because I am able to delay purchasing games for several months until the price drops $30 - $40
---
My brother's favorite number was always eight, symmetrical and clean.
Whenever I see the second poster in a thread quoting the first I die a little inside.
#47Chrono Trigger RulesPosted 2/2/2013 4:31:00 AM
MrBathingApe posted...
Chrono Trigger Rules posted...
buying used games is like one of the dumbest things you can do right now with prices dropping so fast these days...

Wait 1 week more and you'll have a new copy for that same price of the used one.

But who cares so much if you're paying the same money really? You get the game a week or so earlier, and by the time the bargain bin hunters have the game, well yours will now be 'used' by the virtue of you playing on it anyway. No-one's game is new once it's in the machine..

Because people take bad care of their stuff...
I rather have it used by myself and not be damaged ;)
---
Colbert on HSBC: So they're like 007, licensed to kill our economy.
#48ILikesCheesePosted 2/2/2013 6:24:48 AM
gabrius posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Kano92 posted...
now it seems to late to start buying used, start mixing in used possible dirty games with new mint condition games seems like a shame.

Sounds like somebody is an OCD germaphobe. I have bought many used games and not a single one of them was "dirty."

On another note, your writing skills are on par with a toad's.

Shut up, nobody cares about your trolling, troll.

A) Obviously that wasn't a troll comment on my part, but a pointed observation on some strange phobia expressed by the TC.

B) Is it that time of the month for you, Ms Crankypants?

C) Go play Defender or Gradius or R Type something.

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#49Kano92(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 7:33:03 AM(edited)
ILikesCheese posted...
gabrius posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Kano92 posted...
now it seems to late to start buying used, start mixing in used possible dirty games with new mint condition games seems like a shame.

Sounds like somebody is an OCD germaphobe. I have bought many used games and not a single one of them was "dirty."

On another note, your writing skills are on par with a toad's.

Shut up, nobody cares about your trolling, troll.

A) Obviously that wasn't a troll comment on my part, but a pointed observation on some strange phobia expressed by the TC.

B) Is it that time of the month for you, Ms Crankypants?

C) Go play Defender or Gradius or R Type something.

:D

Did it ever occur to you that maybe english is not some peoples first lang ?