This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Live banning?

#1hellslavePosted 1/31/2013 6:58:36 PM
Something I've been wondering lately... when a player gets banned from Live for whatever reason, is it just from the gaming-related aspects of the service or from the entire thing (like Netflix, Huku, etc.)?
---
In a world built on hope and faith, I am the realistic idea. The dream come crashing down.
#2GGearXPosted 1/31/2013 7:07:40 PM
Depends.. There's account banning, system banning, game banning ( not able to play titles from a certain publisher)
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#3Illumi_KnightPosted 1/31/2013 7:19:43 PM
GGearX posted...
Depends.. There's account banning, system banning, game banning ( not able to play titles from a certain publisher)

You're telling me there's a game company that has been so disgruntled towards one gamer as to ban them from their games?
#4GGearXPosted 1/31/2013 7:28:25 PM
Illumi_Knight posted...
GGearX posted...

You're telling me there's a game company that has been so disgruntled towards one gamer as to ban them from their games?

I know EA does that. Since you have to sign in to their service. If you get banned from let's say battlefield you can't play their other games.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#5combatcm1Posted 1/31/2013 7:30:44 PM(edited)
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/2366.aspx

loooooooooooooools

it's it hilarous they just copy/paste the violation and pretty much say DEAL WITH IT

Has to be so frustrating.
#6RubMyDuckyPosted 1/31/2013 7:30:50 PM
Just imagine if you bought A LOT of games from marketplace, then you get bannned, unable to download your games onto a new console.

That would suck the ****
---
Optimizations seems to be a arcane art of video games. Few devs are masters of it. Some occasionally stumble upon it. But to most, it's all ancient Greek.
#7combatcm1Posted 1/31/2013 7:36:17 PM
What are these kids doing to commit fraud or unauthorized purchases?
#8Illumi_KnightPosted 1/31/2013 7:44:05 PM
GGearX posted...
Illumi_Knight posted...
GGearX posted...

I know EA does that. Since you have to sign in to their service. If you get banned from let's say battlefield you can't play their other games.

Then couldn't you just make a new EA account and assign your GT to it? I'm not quite sure because I have had the same GT tied to my EA account for years and never really looked into it.
#9Dragon NexusPosted 1/31/2013 7:57:40 PM
GGearX posted...
Illumi_Knight posted...
GGearX posted...

Then couldn't you just make a new EA account and assign your GT to it? I'm not quite sure because I have had the same GT tied to my EA account for years and never really looked into it.

I'm not 100% sure how the DLC works. I think any codes you use for DLC on games like Dragon Age and Mass Effect are done via EA's own code system rather than the marketplace, so unless you have the account that code was used on, even if you have the content, you can't access it.

So yeah, you can make a new account with EA but you'd need to rebuy everything again. Or something.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#10PorcupinePosted 1/31/2013 7:57:48 PM
Smart people would buy all their games and DLC on one account which never plays any games, and therefore has zero risk of being banned. And play all games on another account.

Unfortunately I wasn't one of these smart people back when I first made my account.