This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Live banning?

#21CammyApplePosted 1/31/2013 9:28:19 PM
GGearX posted...
hellslave posted...
...and that's the one that disables all Live stuff, like Netflix and whatnot?

It disables everything.
It's like your Xbox being bricked.

Except that it doesn't do that at all. A console ban simply bans that console from using live or any of it's features. It does not stop you from playing games on it and if the console had been modded does not stop you from using that either.

So to answer the TC's question, a console ban would make the console unable to use XBL or any of it's services.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#22Super CreaturesPosted 1/31/2013 9:31:17 PM
GGearX posted...
There are some stupid bans though. Every heard of the battlefield 3 forums ban? If you used the EA forums and got banned there, then you would get banned from all of EA games. I'm not even joking. That happened.

Get banned on a service's forum for violating that service's ToU, and they actually ban you from all their services, which all share that same ToU, that specifically states that they can, and will, ban you from all their services if you commit ban worthy violations of that ToU?

As I said, I have no pity for idiots that willingly violate a ToU they voluntarily agreed to, such as the EA ToU any user of their forums would have had to agree to, not to mention any user of any of their games, if they created/used an EA account for that game.

As I said, losing access to your content/ability to use a service is a damn fine incentive to not violate the ToU for that service, isn't it?

This is why I spent 45 minutes reading every agreement I was agreeing to when I started up the Crysis 3 beta, including EA's ToU that specifically states that being banned from one service can result in a full ban from all EA services.

And the EA ToU is exactly the same for all their services, if you violate it bad enough to get banned, that is your own damn fault.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#23hellslave(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:31:43 AM
CammyApple posted...
GGearX posted...
hellslave posted...
...and that's the one that disables all Live stuff, like Netflix and whatnot?

It disables everything.
It's like your Xbox being bricked.

Except that it doesn't do that at all. A console ban simply bans that console from using live or any of it's features. It does not stop you from playing games on it and if the console had been modded does not stop you from using that either.

So to answer the TC's question, a console ban would make the console unable to use XBL or any of it's services.

Thanks for the clarification. Given that explanation, it seems the only XBL service I use is Netflix. Not that I'm doing anything that would be worthy of such a ban, I mean.
---
In a world built on hope and faith, I am the realistic idea. The dream come crashing down.
#24Dragon NexusPosted 2/1/2013 7:41:39 AM
Wow, please stop spreading false information... there is NO WAY that a corporation could actually ban Live. Xbox Live has way too many subscribers.

I was about to comment on how stupid this comment was.
Then I saw who wrote it and realised I'd be proving how stupid I was.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#25Zeke0238Posted 2/1/2013 7:55:25 AM
Illumi_Knight posted...
GGearX posted...
Depends.. There's account banning, system banning, game banning ( not able to play titles from a certain publisher)

You're telling me there's a game company that has been so disgruntled towards one gamer as to ban them from their games?

I got banned from the Forza 3 marketplace because someone else bought out an auction of mine with hacked credits. =/

They told me, "Too bad you will have access back if you restart the game."
---
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Xbox Live Gamertag: XavierBK
#26OKRecords1138Posted 2/1/2013 11:31:23 AM
Erupt50 posted...
Porcupine posted...
Smart people would buy all their games and DLC on one account which never plays any games, and therefore has zero risk of being banned. And play all games on another account.

Unfortunately I wasn't one of these smart people back when I first made my account.

Smart people wouldn't do anything to get banned.

THIS
---
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com