This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is backwards compatibility a must-have in the next generation?

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is backwards compatibility a must-have in the next generation?

User Info: RahzarX

RahzarX
4 years ago#1
Is backwards compatibility a deciding factor in your console buying next-gen? - Results (348 votes)
Yes (I'll only buy one if it's BC)
51.44% (179 votes)
No (I don't care)
8.05% (28 votes)
In the middle (It'd be nice but it's not necessary)
38.79% (135 votes)
Against (Backwards compatibility keeps us tied down)
1.72% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Perhaps we could discuss whether or not it's necessary to have the XBLA ported over to your new console as well? Original Xbox BC?
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."

User Info: InsaneGamer137

InsaneGamer137
4 years ago#2
Would be the right thing to do.
Proud Grand Theft Auto and Ace Combat Fan Boy

User Info: JenniferTate

JenniferTate
4 years ago#3
I would prefer it. It's not a total deal breaker, but it can't hurt, since I'd still be buying games.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson

RahzarX
4 years ago#4
AlkalineKitten posted...
I would prefer it. It's not a total deal breaker, but it can't hurt, since I'd still be buying games.

Would you buy more new games if it wasn't backwards compatible?
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."

User Info: Vivi0198

Vivi0198
4 years ago#5
Absolutely.
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.

User Info: TheFeshPince

TheFeshPince
4 years ago#6
I don't see why backwards compatibility would matter if you own the previous console. I already paid for the last one and it still works. Ya, it's convenient... but that is definitely not a deciding factor for me.
You wanna make me a sandwich?

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
4 years ago#7
AlkalineKitten posted...

this for me.
Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.

User Info: Arucard05

Arucard05
4 years ago#8
Yes. BC is more important to the PS3 and 360 than it has ever been. This generation has made a sense of identity and ownership a big priority. My Gamertag, my Achievements, my XBLA games. It all better go seamlessly or somebody friend up big time.
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.

RahzarX
4 years ago#9
TheFeshPince posted...
I don't see why backwards compatibility would matter if you own the previous console. I already paid for the last one and it still works. Ya, it's convenient... but that is definitely not a deciding factor for me.

I think most people want to put away the old console. The 360 takes up a hell of a lot of space, the big ass brick of power and all.

I mean, I still have my NES, but I play the classics on the virtual console. I wish i had a stable enough lifestyle where I lived in one place for more than 2 years at a time to set up a proper game room. I think most people are in a position like mine where they just can't have all of their old consoles hooked up with room to store all those games.

User Info: nightshadeA

nightshadeA
4 years ago#10
yeah but with games on demand and such and the sony store BC is dead unless they have it for the first year or 2 then yank it
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free _New order "its easier and better to get forgiven than permission"
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is backwards compatibility a must-have in the next generation?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived