This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Resident Evil 6 worth playing?

#1Foxx3kPosted 1/31/2013 10:51:29 PM
I got it for $10 with DmC, but it's just been sitting on my shelf wasting space.

I can't convince myself to play it. I could hardly make it through any given chapter in the public demo.

But this is coming from somebody who played through RE5 about six times on various difficulties with various co-op partners, to the point where I got the "fully upgrade every weapon" thing without glitching the golden eggs.

So I'm torn. Can you convince me to play this game?
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#2GGearXPosted 1/31/2013 10:54:21 PM
Sell it to gamestop for 15.
I have the game and I love resident evil. But I don't like that game at all. It's an OK game but not good.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#3abnergoinbigPosted 1/31/2013 10:59:08 PM
I enjoyed RE6 and got my platinum on PS3. Plan on getting my plat on DmC too. I say play it. Don't like it? Trade it in for 15 bucks like the dude above me said.
#4Bent 00Posted 1/31/2013 11:03:44 PM
At least try it. I've enjoyed my 100+ hours with it. I liked Leon's campaign the most.
#5Dark_SpiretPosted 1/31/2013 11:20:44 PM
if you liked 5 youll probably like 6. it doesnt have the same level of replay value(since they did away with individual weapon upgrading and storing/shopping along with wearable costumes in sp, all of which are unfortunate). Its also got some issues with weapon swapping(its not as good as 5's) and a few coop options. 5's overall polish is better as well and you can tell they put a lot more time into its details and presentation.

all that said i do feel 6 is a better game. its length is atleast 3x longer, its art design, scenarios, set pieces and areas are all more varied, more unique enemy and boss types, combat allows for a greater amount of mobility and options plus its story while messy is more involved and offers better character moments. mercenaries is also the best its ever been, but it is light on content if you dont buy the dlc stuff. Plus in singleplayer the AI (usually) wont get you killed since they cant die and they tend to help you out more (along with actually being able to call out targets for them).

As far as the overall campaigns they do have some poorly designed elements to them and the game does lack a proper tutorial (i HIGHLY recommend looking this over before playing -- http://www.pdf-archive.com/2012/10/11/resident-evil-6-advanced-controls-guide-ps3-1/ ), but as long as you keep an open mind and once again look over the controls then youll most likely enjoy it. Its nowhere near as bad as its made out to by and is worth far more than $10.
#6IChangedMyNamePosted 1/31/2013 11:36:19 PM
Play with a friend, it gets boring and tedious a lot of times.

Its a pretty piss poor game overall. Lack of bosses and scenery that really set in. Worth a play, a rent but I wouldn't buy it again.

10 dollars, consider yourself lucky or mad... You may want the 10 bux back.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#7Arucard05Posted 1/31/2013 11:38:08 PM
But this is coming from somebody who played through RE5 about six times on various difficulties with various co-op partners, to the point where I got the "fully upgrade every weapon" thing without glitching the golden eggs.

If you liked RE5, you should like RE6.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#8glassghost0Posted 2/1/2013 12:14:15 AM
If you play it with a friend it's pretty fun, you'll probably have way less fun going it solo
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#9JamanjaxPosted 2/1/2013 12:17:48 AM
Absolutely.

I hated the demo myself, but dropped the money on the Archives edition for the other games it came with. Ended up giving RE6 a go and had my mind changed. It's an awesome shooter that has quite a few gameplay elements you won't find in any of its contemporaries. My only complaints are that RE4/5''s treasure and upgrading systems are gone, only to be replaced by a lackluster skill setup.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#10DuwstaiPosted 2/1/2013 12:24:17 AM
I say give it a shot. For 10 bucks its worth it.

Half the game I hated, the other half I actually really enjoyed. Its just a real mess of a game. A lot of really good parts... but some god awful design decisions and rough edges.

I liked RE5 but was really disappointed in it after RE4 which I thought was fantastic. I liked RE6 more than RE5 even though RE5 is a more polished and better made game. 6 just had better moments and more interesting characters.

Each campaign is really different. I thought I would like Leons the most, but I actually think I liked Chris's a bit more. Which is funny considering i was really let down by 5s campaign, and I thought it was just going to be a boring shooter. But it lacks a lot of the BS that Leons campaign has. Mainly the awful QTE segments just non stop. Tripping over bodies... and other unfun and clunky gameplay sections. And Leons final boss and its 2,000 forms was terrible. But Leon does have some great segments. Jakes was by far the weakest. Just some really awful gameplay segments, and tons of terrible vehicle/ running away segments. It was just a mess.

And I actually enjoyed the game a lot more solo. I tried playing it split screen and hated it. Maybe I just found it hard to see even on a 42 in tv, but I just didnt like it at all. Almost made me stop playing the game completely (tried a level on each campaign). But a week later I tried it solo and ended up liking it overall.

Just give it a shot. It took until like chapter 3 in each campaign for me to start enjoying. But overall I did. Its definitely got a lot of terrible stuff in it though. Its just a matter of whether or not you can look past it.
---
balls