The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do Sony fans keep boasting about PS3's exclusive 2013 lineup?

#1JenniferGenGamePosted 1/31/2013 11:04:34 PM
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
God Of War: Ascension
Beyond: Two Souls
Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time
The Last Of Us

5 games is not that impressive.
Ni No Kuni is a niche game and probably won't be a huge seller
God Of War is just more of the same but with rubbish looking multiplayer
Beyond will probably be as boring as Heavy Rain
Sly Cooper is not a system seller and done to death now. Does anyone care?
The Last Of Us looks good but will probably be disappointing like all the Uncharted games.

None of these games are system sellers! in fact I cannot think of any Sony game that you would call a system seller.

All of Microsoft's big 4 exclusives, Halo, Gears Of War, Fable and Forza are all system sellers.
Nintendo has system sellers too with Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart etc.

I bet Gears of War: Judgment will outsell all of those games combined because it will be an amazingly fun game like all the previous games were.
#2GGearXPosted 1/31/2013 11:08:52 PM
2013? Oh snaps. I forgot.
Ni no kuni seems cool. Especially if you love studio ghibli. (the animation is fan tastic)

Dunno about GoW seems like it will do Okay.

I dunno what's so special about PS3s lineup. Can you fill me in TC?
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#3LIEKmudkiepzPosted 1/31/2013 11:18:46 PM
5 great games > 1 great game

Although I personally dont like the god of war series
---
#4Zohar_MetatronPosted 1/31/2013 11:18:52 PM
Man, I remember when I was insecure about systems and exclusives instead of just having a PC for the best version of any given game, and all the consoles for the games I couldn't get on the PC.
---
Who took the bomp from the bompalompalomp?
#5IChangedMyNamePosted 1/31/2013 11:21:58 PM
At least thats some variety compared to the four MS titles you mentioned.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#6RahzarXPosted 1/31/2013 11:22:26 PM
Zohar_Metatron posted...
Man, I remember when I was insecure about systems and exclusives instead of just having a PC for the best version of any given game, and all the consoles for the games I couldn't get on the PC.

So now you're insecure about your SUPAH COMPUTAH.

Much better alternative.

I prefer to be insecure about everything.

What? Im not gay!
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#7_SolidGear_Posted 1/31/2013 11:52:42 PM
JenniferGenGame posted...
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
God Of War: Ascension
Beyond: Two Souls
Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time
The Last Of Us

5 games is not that impressive.
Ni No Kuni is a niche game and probably won't be a huge seller
God Of War is just more of the same but with rubbish looking multiplayer
Beyond will probably be as boring as Heavy Rain
Sly Cooper is not a system seller and done to death now. Does anyone care?
The Last Of Us looks good but will probably be disappointing like all the Uncharted games.

None of these games are system sellers! in fact I cannot think of any Sony game that you would call a system seller.

All of Microsoft's big 4 exclusives, Halo, Gears Of War, Fable and Forza are all system sellers.
Nintendo has system sellers too with Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart etc.

I bet Gears of War: Judgment will outsell all of those games combined because it will be an amazingly fun game like all the previous games were.

Ni No Kuni - True, a Niche game. But a fantastic looking Niche game with a beautiful art style and story

God of War: Ascension - Every God of War has sold magnificently, is arguably the best game in it's genre, and has a good story. This one will be the same.

Beyond: Two Souls - Heavy Rain had an exceptional story, sold well in stores. If this is anything like HR, instant GOTY contender.

Sly Cooper - Haven't played the others so couldn't tell you. The demo was pretty good IMO

The Last of Us - With the popularity of the Walking Dead comics, games, and TV show, I find it hard that this game will struggle. Zombies are popular now. If I recall, ND's last 2 games were AAA games.

Only 2 of the games you listed are system sellers (Halo and Gears). Fable hasn't been good since the first one, and Forza isn't as popular as the other shooters. Other than Halo, those other games don't innovate enough to warrant a purchase, at least for me.
---
PSN & XBL: DeltaNinja117
#8Foxx3kPosted 1/31/2013 11:54:38 PM
The Last of Us - With the popularity of the Walking Dead comics, games, and TV show, I find it hard that this game will struggle. Zombies are popular now. If I recall, ND's last 2 games were AAA games.

10 of the last 11 games Naughty Dog developed were triple A. Jak X Racing being the exception ... but I am including Crash Team Racing as AAA.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#9Rob_the_NinjaPosted 2/1/2013 12:01:16 AM
Going through a list of games and decrying each one is not that impressive or original.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ARxIB.gif
#10_SolidGear_Posted 2/1/2013 12:02:06 AM
Foxx3k posted...

10 of the last 11 games Naughty Dog developed were triple A. Jak X Racing being the exception ... but I am including Crash Team Racing as AAA.

I'm not saying Naughty Dog are the best developers, I'm saying that their last 2 games were well written and well received. They have a talented team working on games now, and it seems like the TPS/action adventure genre is where ND excels.
---
PSN & XBL: DeltaNinja117