This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do Sony fans keep boasting about PS3's exclusive 2013 lineup?

#11rockyoumonkeysPosted 2/1/2013 12:04:56 AM
JenniferGenGame posted...
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
God Of War: Ascension
Beyond: Two Souls
Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time
The Last Of Us

5 games is not that impressive.
Ni No Kuni is a niche game and probably won't be a huge seller
God Of War is just more of the same but with rubbish looking multiplayer
Beyond will probably be as boring as Heavy Rain
Sly Cooper is not a system seller and done to death now. Does anyone care?
The Last Of Us looks good but will probably be disappointing like all the Uncharted games.

None of these games are system sellers! in fact I cannot think of any Sony game that you would call a system seller.

All of Microsoft's big 4 exclusives, Halo, Gears Of War, Fable and Forza are all system sellers.
Nintendo has system sellers too with Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart etc.

I bet Gears of War: Judgment will outsell all of those games combined because it will be an amazingly fun game like all the previous games were.

Stop. Just stop. You make X360 fans look like complete lunatics.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#12LanternOfAshPosted 2/1/2013 12:23:38 AM
I don't get it either. There are hundreds of games I don't get to play each year and I wouldn't notice 5 even if they weren't exclusive.
#13TamondaichiPosted 2/1/2013 12:26:53 AM
JenniferGenGame posted...
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
God Of War: Ascension
Beyond: Two Souls
Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time
The Last Of Us

5 games is not that impressive.
Ni No Kuni is a niche game and probably won't be a huge seller
God Of War is just more of the same but with rubbish looking multiplayer
Beyond will probably be as boring as Heavy Rain
Sly Cooper is not a system seller and done to death now. Does anyone care?
The Last Of Us looks good but will probably be disappointing like all the Uncharted games.

None of these games are system sellers! in fact I cannot think of any Sony game that you would call a system seller.

All of Microsoft's big 4 exclusives, Halo, Gears Of War, Fable and Forza are all system sellers.
Nintendo has system sellers too with Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart etc.

I bet Gears of War: Judgment will outsell all of those games combined because it will be an amazingly fun game like all the previous games were.

It's already really difficult to get your hands on a copy of Ni No Kuni here in Europe (Not enough copies distributed or huge success? you be the judge)
I kind of agree with you about the new god of war game, but don't listen to me I haven't played another God of War after the 2nd one.
What you say about Beyond two Souls doesn't mean it will be for everyone. I found Heavy Rain quite entertaining.
I agree about Sly Cooper. BRING BACK JAK AND DAXTER!!!
I got all the Uncharted games and they were far from disappointing, so I'm looking forward to The last of us.
#14JenniferTatePosted 2/1/2013 12:29:50 AM
I'm looking at this as an owner of a PS3 and 360.

PS3:

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - Not my cuppa.
God Of War: Ascension - I might check it out this summer during the drought.
Beyond: Two Souls - Heavy Rain was awesome and I'm a huge Ellen Page fan. Win-win. Not a game for everyone, but for those who like story, it's a solid bet.
Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time - Pretty bad Vita port, and I was excited up until I played it and realized that.
The Last Of Us - One of the reasons I wanted a PS3. Pre-ordered the Survivor's Edition.

So that's two exclusives I really care about.

Xbox:
Well...pretty much every game that interests me for the year is multiplatform. Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Rising, GTA5, Remember Me...I can't think of an exclusive. But I'll be getting most of my multiplats for it as I like the controller more and Achievments are more satisfying than Trophies.

Anyway, what was your point? Did you recently invest in MS?
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#15JenniferTatePosted 2/1/2013 12:31:37 AM
Foxx3k posted...
The Last of Us - With the popularity of the Walking Dead comics, games, and TV show, I find it hard that this game will struggle. Zombies are popular now. If I recall, ND's last 2 games were AAA games.

10 of the last 11 games Naughty Dog developed were triple A. Jak X Racing being the exception ... but I am including Crash Team Racing as AAA.

Naughty Dog is the only developer that could move a system for me. I got the PS3 solely for Uncharted as a whole and Naughty Dog. I can't wait to see what they do next gen.

While linear, the whole presentation from graphics to acting to the fun of gameplay just gets me every time.
---
#16Vegeta_YulawPosted 2/1/2013 1:13:39 AM
You forgot hands down
---
[URL=[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/2317711033.png[/IMG][/URL]
#17Robot_SoopaPosted 2/1/2013 1:43:49 AM
_SolidGear_ posted...
God of War: Ascension - Every God of War has sold magnificently, is arguably the best game in it's genre, and has a good story. This one will be the same.

Nobody has ever argued that God of War is the best hack n' slash game.

If they did they are morons.

When you've got things like Devil May Cry, Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden then God of War gets exposed for the button masher it truly is.
#18__Stewa__Posted 2/1/2013 2:40:43 AM
Multiplat owner here who tends to enjoy the 360 more.

PS3 exclusives this year seem promising. Shall get The Last Of Us release day.

Halo and Gears are the only "big" Xbox exclusives. You never see anyone say they're buying an Xbox 360 solely for Fable or Forza. Those aren't strong enough to be considered console selling exclusives tbqh.
---
"You can't come here!" - Dumbledore, Trek Wars
#19GingaritoPosted 2/1/2013 5:04:26 AM
''The Last Of Us looks good but will probably be disappointing like all the Uncharted games''

What a lie! ALL Uncharted games lived up to the hype and got rave reviews what are you talking about? have you even played them? I have both consoles and prefer my xbox but Uncharted 2 and 3 are two of the best games of this generation. It sounds like your just the fanboys your trying to hate on.
---
Currently playing - Far Cry 3 , WWE 13 , Blops 2
Good kid , M.A.A.D City
#20JenniferTatePosted 2/1/2013 5:06:22 AM
Robot_Soopa posted...
_SolidGear_ posted...
God of War: Ascension - Every God of War has sold magnificently, is arguably the best game in it's genre, and has a good story. This one will be the same.

Nobody has ever argued that God of War is the best hack n' slash game.

If they did they are morons.

When you've got things like Devil May Cry, Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden then God of War gets exposed for the button masher it truly is.

I agree. To me the appeal of GOW is the mythology that I immersed myself in all through school, and the throwback to that awesome PS2 Rygar game.
---