This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do Sony fans keep boasting about PS3's exclusive 2013 lineup?

#41GingaritoPosted 2/1/2013 7:54:27 AM
SparkItUp posted...
Gingarito posted...
SparkItUp posted...
Donomega posted...
The only game I'm interested in is The Last of us. But not enough to buy a PS3 :P

Agreed kinda sorta...There are however a few, if I got a PS3, that I would go back & play for sure (Heavy Rain, Heavenly Sword, etc)...But, I can't pull the trigger to purchase a console just for a few games , not to mention the downgrade in online service they provide. I could almost bite the bullet with the fact that multiplats aren't as pretty and the handful of exclusives, but the unreliability of the online service really steers me away the most from the console more so than anything..not to mention the console itself isn't really all that aesthetically pleasing to look at...Just looks clunky.

The online is not as good as 360 any game i play online i buy for the 360. But lets not forget you pay for xbox live hence you get a service. Also the ps3 is a blu-ray player which is one of the reasons i bought mine. I cant tell you how highly I rate uncharted 2 and 3 if you like action games which is why Last of us is second to only GTA 5 for me being excited.

Uncharted is another I'd love to play...I was thinking about picking up one of the cheaper 160GB consoles simply just for the single player games...Have had one sitting in my amazon cart for awhile now...like i said, for whatever reason, I can't pull the trigger on it yet...It'll get to the point where I buy it simply because I am tired of seeing it in my cart...lol

I did the same when uncharted 3 came out. Sometimes you just have to treat youself in life. Theres some good games you will pick up for quite cheap as well now. Dont get me wrong i use my xbox a lot more than my ps3 (games wise) and I agree the online definately fails in comparison

But if your looking to play some good single player games you wont be dissapointed and by the time you have played all 3 uncharted games you will love Nathat Drake :)
---
Currently playing - Far Cry 3 , WWE 13 , Blops 2
Good kid , M.A.A.D City
#42SparkItUpPosted 2/1/2013 7:54:30 AM
DyingPancake posted...
The only game I want on that list is The Last of Us. That looks incredible

Also God of War I guess, but since I have only played the first two I can stand missing this one.

Think I would be God of War sick by now...I put that up there with the likes of Gears & Halo...rehashed to death.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...
#43SparkItUpPosted 2/1/2013 7:55:43 AM
Gingarito posted...
SparkItUp posted...
Gingarito posted...
SparkItUp posted...
Donomega posted...
The only game I'm interested in is The Last of us. But not enough to buy a PS3 :P

Agreed kinda sorta...There are however a few, if I got a PS3, that I would go back & play for sure (Heavy Rain, Heavenly Sword, etc)...But, I can't pull the trigger to purchase a console just for a few games , not to mention the downgrade in online service they provide. I could almost bite the bullet with the fact that multiplats aren't as pretty and the handful of exclusives, but the unreliability of the online service really steers me away the most from the console more so than anything..not to mention the console itself isn't really all that aesthetically pleasing to look at...Just looks clunky.

The online is not as good as 360 any game i play online i buy for the 360. But lets not forget you pay for xbox live hence you get a service. Also the ps3 is a blu-ray player which is one of the reasons i bought mine. I cant tell you how highly I rate uncharted 2 and 3 if you like action games which is why Last of us is second to only GTA 5 for me being excited.

Uncharted is another I'd love to play...I was thinking about picking up one of the cheaper 160GB consoles simply just for the single player games...Have had one sitting in my amazon cart for awhile now...like i said, for whatever reason, I can't pull the trigger on it yet...It'll get to the point where I buy it simply because I am tired of seeing it in my cart...lol

I did the same when uncharted 3 came out. Sometimes you just have to treat youself in life. Theres some good games you will pick up for quite cheap as well now. Dont get me wrong i use my xbox a lot more than my ps3 (games wise) and I agree the online definately fails in comparison

But if your looking to play some good single player games you wont be dissapointed and by the time you have played all 3 uncharted games you will love Nathat Drake :)

What would you say the Uncharted games are good to compare with (as far as gameplay style)? I've heard it's a lot like Tomb Raider.
---
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...
#44DonomegaPosted 2/1/2013 7:57:19 AM
SparkItUp posted...
Donomega posted...

Well my wife has a PS3 but keeps it in another language, a language I don't understand, she's mean like that :( I have played Heavy Rain though and really liked it. But not interested in God Of War or Infamous etc.

I was thinking about getting the white PS3 actually until people starting hinting around the PS4 could be coming this year, would be sort of a waste
---
Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 640K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk
3DS FC: 0903-4184-6816
#45dj___rollPosted 2/1/2013 7:59:39 AM
Quote:bossk5 posted...
SparkItUp posted...
bossk5 posted...
SparkItUp posted...
JenniferGenGame posted...
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
God Of War: Ascension
Beyond: Two Souls
Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time
The Last Of Us

5 games is not that impressive.
Ni No Kuni is a niche game and probably won't be a huge seller
God Of War is just more of the same but with rubbish looking multiplayer
Beyond will probably be as boring as Heavy Rain
Sly Cooper is not a system seller and done to death now. Does anyone care?
The Last Of Us looks good but will probably be disappointing like all the Uncharted games.

None of these games are system sellers! in fact I cannot think of any Sony game that you would call a system seller.

All of Microsoft's big 4 exclusives, Halo, Gears Of War, Fable and Forza are all system sellers.
Nintendo has system sellers too with Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart etc.

I bet Gears of War: Judgment will outsell all of those games combined because it will be an amazingly fun game like all the previous games were.

I'll take a few new IP's over a bunch of rehashes anyday

Let me guess...Live Arcade games don't count right?

Here's your answer TC....it's because they think that if they hype up ps3 exclusives....360 exclusives will somehow disappear.

It doesn't work. ;)

if you consider XBLA a reason to have a 360...have at it...personally I am looking for actual "this gen" games, not games that pass for last gen. I am a 360 only owner and think the 360 fails. The only thing it does right is play multiplats better.

If you like Kinect, pointless apps, xbla & rehashes...please, by all means feel satisfied. Personally I want some new "this gen" exclusives. For a console that has so much potential, such a shame people are satisfied with the garbage that is XBLA. There are some decent games don't get me wrong, but they definitely are not what people bought a 360 for. It's basically 90% shovelware with a few decent games in the mix.

This is why today's gamers are intolerable.

While you whine....I'll enjoy the tons of games on all my consoles. There are plenty of new IPs this gen. Just because you don't care for them doesn't mean they don't exist. It sure must suck to be a such a close minded gamer.

You should probably find a new hobby.

Yep, close minded because I want quality over quantity. The very thing that I fell in love with MS over the first gen was because they didn't put out nearly as much shovelware as the PS2...which is essentially what they are doing this gen. If I want dated games, I'll fire up my retro consoles. When I want to play this gen games, I will fire up this gens console. If i wanted shovelware, I'd buy a Wii or a WiiU and be done with it.

@SparkItUp
It's bossk. If you have anything even slightly negative to say about MS, he spouts off, no matter if its an honest opinion. His way is the only "right" way in his feeble mind.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#46SparkItUpPosted 2/1/2013 8:00:18 AM
Donomega posted...
SparkItUp posted...
Donomega posted...

Well my wife has a PS3 but keeps it in another language, a language I don't understand, she's mean like that :( I have played Heavy Rain though and really liked it. But not interested in God Of War or Infamous etc.

I was thinking about getting the white PS3 actually until people starting hinting around the PS4 could be coming this year, would be sort of a waste

That's another thing that I really hate about PS3...They don't put out specially designed consoles all that often. I kinda like the special edition consoles...adds a little flare than the plain old consoles...Seems the Japanese tend to get the nice looking special edition consoles while we get the regular editions :/

I remember when they had the dif color PS2s...I kept waiting & waiting for them to hit north america, and all we got was the silver :/
---
#47SparkItUpPosted 2/1/2013 8:04:02 AM
dj___roll posted...

@SparkItUp
It's bossk. If you have anything even slightly negative to say about MS, he spouts off, no matter if its an honest opinion. His way is the only "right" way in his feeble mind.

so i see...personally, I am just brutally honest about my opinion. don't get me wrong, like I said, if someone is satisfied with XBLA, pointless apps, rehashes & Kinect...that is their prerogative to be satisfied..I simply am not and won't glorify the console simply because i own it.
---
#48zooknutPosted 2/1/2013 8:05:24 AM
JenniferGenGame posted...
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
God Of War: Ascension
Beyond: Two Souls
Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time
The Last Of Us

5 games is not that impressive.
Ni No Kuni is a niche game and probably won't be a huge seller
God Of War is just more of the same but with rubbish looking multiplayer
Beyond will probably be as boring as Heavy Rain
Sly Cooper is not a system seller and done to death now. Does anyone care?
The Last Of Us looks good but will probably be disappointing like all the Uncharted games.

None of these games are system sellers! in fact I cannot think of any Sony game that you would call a system seller.

All of Microsoft's big 4 exclusives, Halo, Gears Of War, Fable and Forza are all system sellers.
Nintendo has system sellers too with Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart etc.

I bet Gears of War: Judgment will outsell all of those games combined because it will be an amazingly fun game like all the previous games were.

because they are 5 good one's... now go back to your halo
#49Pixx0Posted 2/1/2013 8:09:29 AM
gotta love blind fanboyism..need a mirror TC?
#50richboy900Posted 2/1/2013 8:11:52 AM
I have a ps3 and 360, and the xbox exclusives are just so much better. Ps3 does have some cool games like uncharted but I'm a big forza fan so I like the xbox games far more. Gears and halo are far better games than killzone or resistance. Also all the exclusives sony once had are gone, mainly namco games like tekken. The ps3 doesn't have all the exclusives and vast game library like the ps2 did, hell even gta was exclusive back on the old ps2. If there's one thing I want sony to improve with/for the ps4 its bring out good exclusive games, otherwise I'll stick with the xbox 720.