This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do Sony fans keep boasting about PS3's exclusive 2013 lineup?

#51DyingPancakePosted 2/1/2013 8:15:38 AM
SparkItUp posted...
DyingPancake posted...
The only game I want on that list is The Last of Us. That looks incredible

Also God of War I guess, but since I have only played the first two I can stand missing this one.

Think I would be God of War sick by now...I put that up there with the likes of Gears & Halo...rehashed to death.

Fun is fun to me.

I love all those games and the sequels are usually packed with new and innovative content

I always look forward to big name sequels like this as well as original IPs
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#52CyricsServantPosted 2/1/2013 8:16:06 AM
JenniferGenGame posted...
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
God Of War: Ascension
Beyond: Two Souls
Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time
The Last Of Us

5 games is not that impressive.

Then add Tales of Xillia and Puppeteer to that list. Yakuza 5 and The Last Guardian might come out as well, but that's not a sure thing.

In a year of weak exclusive line-ups, I think it's pretty obvious Sony will be king.
#53SparkItUpPosted 2/1/2013 8:18:11 AM
SparkItUp posted...
Donomega posted...
SparkItUp posted...
Donomega posted...
The only game I'm interested in is The Last of us. But not enough to buy a PS3 :P

Agreed kinda sorta...There are however a few, if I got a PS3, that I would go back & play for sure (Heavy Rain, Heavenly Sword, etc)...But, I can't pull the trigger to purchase a console just for a few games , not to mention the downgrade in online service they provide. I could almost bite the bullet with the fact that multiplats aren't as pretty and the handful of exclusives, but the unreliability of the online service really steers me away the most from the console more so than anything..not to mention the console itself isn't really all that aesthetically pleasing to look at...Just looks clunky.

Well my wife has a PS3 but keeps it in another language, a language I don't understand, she's mean like that :( I have played Heavy Rain though and really liked it. But not interested in God Of War or Infamous etc.

I was thinking about getting the white PS3 actually until people starting hinting around the PS4 could be coming this year, would be sort of a waste

That's another thing that I really hate about PS3...They don't put out specially designed consoles all that often. I kinda like the special edition consoles...adds a little flare than the plain old consoles...Seems the Japanese tend to get the nice looking special edition consoles while we get the regular editions :/

I remember when they had the dif color PS2s...I kept waiting & waiting for them to hit north america, and all we got was the silver :/

Thanks a lot Donomega...just placed my preorder for the GoW console they are coming out with...lol
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...
#54CyricsServantPosted 2/1/2013 8:19:43 AM
DyingPancake posted...
SparkItUp posted...
DyingPancake posted...

Also God of War I guess, but since I have only played the first two I can stand missing this one.

Think I would be God of War sick by now...I put that up there with the likes of Gears & Halo...rehashed to death.

Fun is fun to me.

I love all those games and the sequels are usually packed with new and innovative content

I've got to agree with SparkItUp.

Do we really need another God of War prequel? We've already gotten two of them, and they're the worst games in the franchise.
#55blitz_0623Posted 2/1/2013 8:20:00 AM
This topic would have been more legitimate if TC had a counter list of 360 exclusives. Too bad all he can probably think of is Gears Judgement
#56DyingPancakePosted 2/1/2013 8:28:19 AM
CyricsServant posted...
DyingPancake posted...
SparkItUp posted...
DyingPancake posted...

Fun is fun to me.

I've got to agree with SparkItUp.

Do we really need another God of War prequel? We've already gotten two of them, and they're the worst games in the franchise.

Like I've said I've only played 1 and 2, but I loved the gameplay of them.

I imagine I would love the new installments also. Of course that doesn't mean they would be day one buys for me, but I would still look forward to them if I could play them
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#57SpicyRamen10Posted 2/1/2013 8:30:59 AM
TC has got to be a MS fan troll.

I can see GoW and Last of Us being possibly system sellers while the others have a good chance to sell well. MS only has Halo and Gears to rely on since Fable and Forza aren't as big as those two.

I own both a ps3 and 360, and I'll say that I'm definitely looking forward to Last of Us while I'm enjoying the heck out of Ni no Kuni. Not really that excited for GoOW since it's pretty much the same old thing every time just like GeOW.
#58bossk5Posted 2/1/2013 8:35:26 AM
"It's bossk. If you have anything even slightly negative to say about MS, he spouts off, no matter if its an honest opinion. His way is the only "right" way in his feeble mind."

And dj___troll will always be there to sling baseless insults at myself.

Your bias is showing hero.....watch that.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#59Rapham0nPosted 2/1/2013 8:38:49 AM
@TC:
Uncharted not a good game? What are you smoking? Must be some real strong stuff. Uncharted 2 is easily one of the greatest games ever made. Take a good look: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/uncharted-2-among-thieves

Anyway, at least the PS3 actually has exclusives. The Xbox 360 does not have exclusives. If you can get it on PC then it's NOT Xbox 360 exclusive. I'd imagine that's one of the reasons why PS3 owners boast about PS3 exclusives. Because unlike the Xbox 360 the PS3 actually has exclusives. Why would you get a Xbox 360 if you can just get all the games on PC with better graphics and performance anyway? MICROSOFT screwed up big time by allowing the PC to get all the Xbox 360 games as well. And to add insult to injury many Xbox 360 games have "Xbox 360 exclusive" printed on the box but then you get the game on PC too. MS dropped the ball with the way they handled supposed "exclusives" for the Xbox 360.
---
Thus did man become the architect of his own demise.
#60bossk5Posted 2/1/2013 8:42:41 AM
SparkItUp posted...
dj___roll posted...

@SparkItUp
It's bossk. If you have anything even slightly negative to say about MS, he spouts off, no matter if its an honest opinion. His way is the only "right" way in his feeble mind.

so i see...personally, I am just brutally honest about my opinion. don't get me wrong, like I said, if someone is satisfied with XBLA, pointless apps, rehashes & Kinect...that is their prerogative to be satisfied..I simply am not and won't glorify the console simply because i own it.

So you can post in a condescending tone but I'm not allowed to respond?

You also imply that I am defending a certain console simply because I "own it"....and not because I....you know...enjoy the games.

So since you don't enjoy them then certainly nobody else does either?

Surely dj____roll will attack you for this....right?
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up