This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D The next Xbox Dashboard update should allow you to choose your own.

#1BlueJester007Posted 2/1/2013 8:06:08 AM
Would you like to choose one of the previous dashboards as your current one? - Results (80 votes)
Confirm
31.25% (25 votes)
Deny
10% (8 votes)
It's never gonna happen.
31.25% (25 votes)
The ability to customize it would be better than having to choose.
27.5% (22 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What are you waiting for?
---
Math illiteracy affects every 7 out of 5 people.
#2TravarkothPosted 2/1/2013 8:08:13 AM(edited)
Honestly, I'd love it... But I don't think it'd ever happen.

The ability to customize would be pretty cool.
---
"Please stop being human. "
--- 343 Guilty Spark ---
#3WinternovaPosted 2/1/2013 8:24:00 AM
It's never going to happen; it's not worth considering.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#4DieMyBridePosted 2/1/2013 8:29:57 AM
If they even just got rid of the grey overlay that takes half the background then I'd be happy.

BUT Customizing it so the menus wouldn't pretty much cover the background in the first place would be wonderful. You can still put your ads somewhere within.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#5Reel_Big_MikePosted 2/1/2013 11:11:51 AM
Easily Deny. There is absolutely no way to make the blades interface usable with all of the content now on the Marketplace; not to mention that it would be an insane amount of unnecessary time and work, not just to create 4+ redundant dashboards, but also to, from then on until the end of console's life, make sure every single thing uploaded to the XBLMP displays and functions correctly across all of the GUIs.
#6ZimmygunnarPosted 2/1/2013 11:44:18 AM
I'd prefer being able to add and remove the tabs on the dashboard so I can get rid of the crap I never use like Music and Apps
---
GT: romertremor http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif
Pawn - Eris/Sorcerer
#7DonomegaPosted 2/1/2013 11:47:44 AM
Actually this is the best idea I've heard all day, well besides one of my colleagues suggested Tacos for lunch
---
Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 640K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk
3DS FC: 0903-4184-6816
#8TheOceIotPosted 2/1/2013 12:17:40 PM
Reel_Big_Mike posted...
Easily Deny. There is absolutely no way to make the blades interface usable with all of the content now on the Marketplace; not to mention that it would be an insane amount of unnecessary time and work, not just to create 4+ redundant dashboards, but also to, from then on until the end of console's life, make sure every single thing uploaded to the XBLMP displays and functions correctly across all of the GUIs.

This. Anybody who doesn't vote for "It's never gonna happen" is absolutely clueless. Zero chance it happens.
---
you just can't live in that negative way...make way for the positive day
#9zyxomma100Posted 2/1/2013 12:25:42 PM
While "choosing your dashboard" isn't going to happen, a bit more customization is hardly out of the question, seeing that one of the main touting points of the Metro UI is that it's so customizable, and you can rearrange your buttons as you wish on WP7-8 and Windows 8.

Really, the 360 is the anomaly, since it only looks like Metro with few of the benefits. While I doubt that MS will give us any customization options, since the 360 is the only platform they can get away with putting ads in the main interface, I wouldn't put money on that.

Just saying this because yeah, getting Blades back is never going to happen, but there's a perfectly viable other option to vote for that's a lot nicer.
#10EternalNetherPosted 2/1/2013 12:33:32 PM
I'd like to be able to remove the ads

*Runs*