This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Clown U.S. Senator says that video games are bigger problem than hand guns

#11CyricsServantPosted 2/1/2013 11:23:08 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Hucast9 posted...
Yet another republican

It's the DEMOCRATS who've pushed for every videogame ban dating back to pre-Nintendo days, in addition to gun bans, and incrementally pushing to abolish the entire Constitution.

Which party wanted to get rid of habeas corpus and the 6th Amendment again? :)

Anyway, I agree with DyingPancake to an extent. There are plenty of idiots on both sides . . . especially when it comes to this issue. However, that doesn't mean I think preventing certain people from getting guns wouldn't make us safer.
#12Jonny2284Posted 2/1/2013 11:23:43 AM
The senator is right, why I remember in the past couple of years we've had numerous incidents:

A guy kills in a CT school with a copy of Halo.
The very next day a guy walks into a hospital and starts firing a copy of COD
Oh and that incident the other day where a guy pulled into the wrong driveway and got capped with a copy of Dragons Dogma.
Oh and last year when a guy shoots up a movie theater with a copy of Morrowind

Trust in your duly elected officials America.
#13CyricsServantPosted 2/1/2013 11:27:50 AM
Jonny2284 posted...
The senator is right, why I remember in the past couple of years we've had numerous incidents:

Oh and that incident the other day where a guy pulled into the wrong driveway and got capped with a copy of Dragons Dogma.

Yeah, not to sound callous, but I don't plan to start paying attention to the anti-game movement until someone bludgeons 20 kids to death with a copy of Mortal Kombat.
#14TheBlueStigPosted 2/1/2013 11:30:45 AM
CyricsServant posted...
However, that doesn't mean I think preventing certain people from getting guns wouldn't make us safer.

There's more than 16,000+ gun purchase laws already on the books in the USA, so far 99.999% of mass shooters obtained their guns ILLEGALLY according to those laws and mistakes made by cops when doing the background checks. Falsifying information on the BATFE purchase form is a Felony.

If you really want to stop people from doing stupid things, push for an investigation into the Mental Health industry and Big Pharma, because every single mass shooter so far was on prescription psych drugs, many of them were on those drugs since they were children which means their brains never properly formed.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#15Just_The_TipPosted 2/1/2013 11:34:18 AM
FAR easier to go after games then guns. The NRA is rich and powerful. The game industry not so much.

Hack politician.
---
Bernard, don't be a tuna head
#16DyingPancakePosted 2/1/2013 11:36:36 AM
Jonny2284 posted...

To be fair you need to actually look at their side and not come up with unrealistic scenarios.

There have been deaths where kids were acting out Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter moves and things went incredibly wrong and numerous reports like that

That doesn't give them any leg to stand on though, but its a more realistic approach to how their looking at it. It's still ridiculous, but so is solely blaming guns
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#17DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 2/1/2013 11:36:48 AM
I am reminded of the words of the late great George Carlin.

"Now there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians. Everybody complains about politicians, everybody says they suck! Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they're elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do, folks. This is what we have to offer, it's what our system produces: garbage in, garbage out."
---
"It's not about money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns."
#18TheBlueStigPosted 2/1/2013 11:41:54 AM
Just_The_Tip posted...
FAR easier to go after games then guns. The NRA is rich and powerful. The game industry not so much.

Hack politician.

They're just using games as a distraction...."Hey look over here in my left hand and ignore my right hand signing the gun ban bill"

It's just a way to get people off the real issues they should be paying attention to.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#19reverence27Posted 2/4/2013 6:04:18 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Hucast9 posted...
Yet another republican

It's the DEMOCRATS who've pushed for every videogame ban dating back to pre-Nintendo days, in addition to gun bans, and incrementally pushing to abolish the entire Constitution.

So typical. Even when you are given proof the republicans are also to blame you shut your eyes hold your hands over your ears and scream liberal conspiracy. You are as bad as your heros palin, beck, hukabee, lapierre, Limbaugh and beck. Come back to the real world dude.
---
"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies." ~Benjamin Franklin
#20Halo_ForeverPosted 2/4/2013 6:18:06 AM
DyingPancake posted...

To be fair you need to actually look at their side and not come up with unrealistic scenarios.

There have been deaths where kids were acting out Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter moves and things went incredibly wrong and numerous reports like that

Well, in the old days jumping through a camp flame was considered good entertainment.

A popular pastime was jumping down from the hayloft into the hay. Kids daring each other to jump over the Bolton Strid (a river with currents so strong that every single person who fell into it drowned).
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....