This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Clown U.S. Senator says that video games are bigger problem than hand guns

#101somebody336Posted 2/5/2013 3:02:53 PM
ANd you know what is worse than vidoe games? Playing tag! They might run into the street or scrape their knees *Gasps*
---
http://crabdom.cu.cc/forums/index.php
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/565290-barbarian-the-ultimate-warrior
#102SixStringHeroPosted 2/5/2013 5:03:52 PM
I have a problem with the proposed AWB and magazine capacity limit. I also do not like the term "assault weapon" as it has been polarized and extended to the point that it is now a meaningless term which can now apply to handguns and ranch rifles.
We are talking about firearm attachments such as stocks, shrouds, flash suppressors and pistol grips, none of which have any effect on the firearms killing effectiveness.

Limiting magazine capacity will not limit the number of deaths incurred by a mass shooter. During Columbine one of the murderers used 18 Standard Round (10 round) magazines. You limit the capacity, the criminals will procure and bring more. Also, the reload time is negligible and takes 2-3 seconds tops possibly less if one practices long enough.

Assault Weapons account for anywhere from 1-7 percent of all gun related crimes. The vast majority of gun related violence is from semi automatic firearms. Now if politicians were honest about why they are proposing such measures, they would be going after these semi automatic hand guns guns. They know this would never be popular with the American public, and rightfully so. I see nothing more than an attempt to desensitize the American public to gun control regulations starting with "assault weapons" since the vast majority of the public does not know what even constitutes an "assault weapon" or the difference between semi and automatic.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#103TheBlueStigPosted 2/5/2013 5:09:12 PM
SixStringHero posted...
Also, the reload time is negligible and takes 2-3 seconds tops possibly less if one practices long enough.

Assault Weapons account for anywhere from 1-7 percent of all gun related crimes.

Less than 2 seconds. If it's within world record reload times it's less than 1 second.

And it's less than 2% of all gun crimes.

They're pushing the AWB because they're playing the long con, they're incrementally pushing for "compromise", but that word means both parties have to give something up, they never give anything up, they just take, and take, and take, until there's nothing left to take so they pick a new target.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#104TheArcadePosted 2/5/2013 5:35:51 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
TheArcade posted...
Btw Blue if you want to have a serious conversation I suggest you stop posting in anger making all sorts of bold and lay off the caps. It makes you look like an angry child you're blowing steam because your terms are unacceptable to the Country. I suggest you deal with it.

1. Answer the questions that have been posed to you, you seem to lack the guts to directly answer ANYTHING posed to you, much like all anti-gun zealots who bleat the same tag lines verbatim over and over again.

2. Don't ever tell me how to post, if you can't take specific things being bolded or CAP'D for emphasis to point out things you need to know then you need to grow a spine, it's your own fault if you can't handle those things, not mine.

3. Deal with it? Who the f*** do you think you are, Leeland Yee? Gun owners should all just sit down a shut up while zombie sheeple take away the rights of 310+ Million people? Take a long walk off a short pier if that's your attitude. Telling people to "shut up while we take away your rights" will spark a fight you don't want and can't win.

4. If the second amendment falls, the rest fall with it, so fighting for your first amendment rights hinges on the second amendment staying in place.

I think it's disingenuous when you said I didn't answer your question because they're demonstrable questions where you already know the answers to, but won't like them. You bold, holler and shout far too often making these long ass speeches thus embarrassing yourself. Honestly if you stopped b******* and carrying on maybe I could respect your argument instead of skipping these irrelevant posts.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#105vigorm0rtisPosted 2/5/2013 6:31:23 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

Then you really don't need them to defend yourself, do you?
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#106TheBlueStigPosted 2/5/2013 6:42:19 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

Then you really don't need them to defend yourself, do you?

Criminal with handgun versus me with AR-15, criminal loses. And if, by some miraculous chance they survive 5 magazines of soft tip .223 Remington ammo, the backup is 5 magazines of with 15 rounds each of .45 ACP Magsafe, Glaser, Black Talon, and Gold Dot rounds.

And AR-15's are the winningest weapons in competition shooting nationwide, and used for numerous kinds of hunting and varmint control, so it's not JUST about self defense.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#107TheBlueStigPosted 2/5/2013 6:43:28 PM
TheArcade posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
TheArcade posted...
Btw Blue if you want to have a serious conversation I suggest you stop posting in anger making all sorts of bold and lay off the caps. It makes you look like an angry child you're blowing steam because your terms are unacceptable to the Country. I suggest you deal with it.

1. Answer the questions that have been posed to you, you seem to lack the guts to directly answer ANYTHING posed to you, much like all anti-gun zealots who bleat the same tag lines verbatim over and over again.

2. Don't ever tell me how to post, if you can't take specific things being bolded or CAP'D for emphasis to point out things you need to know then you need to grow a spine, it's your own fault if you can't handle those things, not mine.

3. Deal with it? Who the f*** do you think you are, Leeland Yee? Gun owners should all just sit down a shut up while zombie sheeple take away the rights of 310+ Million people? Take a long walk off a short pier if that's your attitude. Telling people to "shut up while we take away your rights" will spark a fight you don't want and can't win.

4. If the second amendment falls, the rest fall with it, so fighting for your first amendment rights hinges on the second amendment staying in place.

I think it's disingenuous when you said I didn't answer your question because they're demonstrable questions where you already know the answers to, but won't like them. You bold, holler and shout far too often making these long ass speeches thus embarrassing yourself. Honestly if you stopped b******* and carrying on maybe I could respect your argument instead of skipping these irrelevant posts.

The only people who refuse to answer easy simple questions are either trolls, or people who can't handle their own answers, so which category do YOU fall into?
---
Ben Franklin
#108vigorm0rtisPosted 2/5/2013 6:50:58 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

Criminal with handgun versus me with AR-15, criminal loses. And if, by some miraculous chance they survive 5 magazines of soft tip .223 Remington ammo, the backup is 5 magazines of with 15 rounds each of .45 ACP Magsafe, Glaser, Black Talon, and Gold Dot rounds.

You sound like a guy who can't shoot. That's not a cheap shot. The way I was taught home defense, you placed a premium on ammo in case someone got disarmed or downed and relied on superior skill to get the job done, not throwing handfuls of pills. If an invader got a hold of a weapon, they'd be dealing with an unfamiliar weapon and limited shots.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#109OrgeLambartPosted 2/5/2013 10:18:26 PM
any amount of time it would take a person to reload gives people more of a chance to escape. Provide me with some reasoning for why any gun should hold over 10 bullets in non combat situations. The only thing people can come up with is... "I enjoy shooting it at the range." Everything else isn't a valid answer, unless you just flat out suck at shooting or hunt Elephants or bears. I mean seriously.

Also the columbine thing doesn't work, you know seeing as they had an armed guard on the site, also how many people got away because they had to reload their guns instead of having a focused onslaught of bullets.

I can understand wanting to keep certain guns around, but you'll never convince me of a practical use for a gun that holds more than 10 bullets/shells whatever.
#110JenniferTatePosted 2/5/2013 10:20:42 PM
Taikutsuna posted...
If it weren't for the Wars and killing caused by Political leaders, religious differences and Money... Game companies would have nothing to base there games on. we would have C.O.D Churning Our Dairy
GTA Glad To be Amish

we need to Thank our politicians for providing Years and Years of Inspiration for game Companies.

Stealing this.
---
You goddamn kids had best be gracious with the merch money you spend, 'cause for you I wont ever have rough sex with Molly Connolly again.