This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Clown U.S. Senator says that video games are bigger problem than hand guns

#121TheBlueStigPosted 2/7/2013 4:20:47 PM
reverence27 posted...
you are a broken record.... wait, telling you this would require me to explain what a record is to you.

The 16 page "whitepaper" from the Department of Justice detailing drone strike assassination plans on American civilians on foreign soil in non-combat zones was released by NBC News and is still directly downloadable from their site. NBC is just as far to the left as CNN.

Here's another cop "protecting people"....

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/07/us/lapd-attacks-timeline/index.html

It's from CNN, your favorite liberal rag.

Go to Youtube, search for "police brutality", see how many cops are out there "protecting" people by beating the s*** out of them, tasing them senseless (more than one of them in a wheelchair), or executing them while they're face down on the ground in handcuffs.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#122The DevourerPosted 2/7/2013 4:24:38 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

And it's less than 2% of all gun crimes.

Then you really don't need them to defend yourself, do you?

How does them being used in crime mean you don't need them to defend yourself? It's not as good for close quarters as a handgun or shotgun is. It's great for accuracy and a rifle and for a certain range. But them being used in crime is irrelevant to defending yourself.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#123FredSavage27Posted 2/7/2013 4:29:06 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Obummer

Obama. His name is Barack Obama. If you want people to take you seriously, maybe you should lay off the "clever" jokes every time you mention the leader of this country. It wasn't even funny the first thousand times.
#124TheBlueStigPosted 2/7/2013 4:31:46 PM
FredSavage27 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Obummer

Obama. His name is Barack Obama. If you want people to take you seriously, maybe you should lay off the "clever" jokes every time you mention the leader of this country. It wasn't even funny the first thousand times.

How many f***ing times do I have to tell you......I DON'T F***ING CARE WHAT HIS NAME IS ! ! !

And his real name is Barry Soetoro, maybe YOU should get it right.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#125The DevourerPosted 2/7/2013 4:34:08 PM
One thing to note is that cops have a response time. I don't see why people are so gung ho on giving responsibility of their own defense and protection to people who are no less than minutes away when seconds make a world of difference in a situation.

Another thing is that education and responsibility seem to be highly highly underrated as resources to use in situations. Instead of arguing about banning guns and whatever (blaming the tool or item for the problem) you actually go to education? EDUCATE the population, EDUCATE YOURSELF. TAKE responsibility. There is absolutely no guarantee anyone will ever be around to protect you or be there for you at all, especially in a life threatening situation. I know I'm not going to sit around and be a victim if I can help it.

If someone started a fight with me in school I would fight back. You know what the schools told us to do? If someone starts a fight with you cover your head and neck and turtle up until someone can get there. What the **** kind of victimizing teaching is that? On top of that, if you fought back you'd get suspended regardless of any other factors. I don't know how it is everywhere but people need to quit buying this **** that we need to lie down and take it and need people to protect us. We should be protecting and standing up for ourselves and not relying on others to do it who may or may not be there to do it.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#126vigorm0rtisPosted 2/7/2013 4:36:07 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

Just got promoted to the front seat of the clown car.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#127TheBlueStigPosted 2/7/2013 4:37:54 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

He admitted his real name and his name change in his own book, you're the one in the clown car.
---
Ben Franklin
#128vigorm0rtisPosted 2/7/2013 4:43:11 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

He admitted his real name and his name change in his own book, you're the one in the clown car.

No, he didn't. There is no evidence he ever used that name. Period. Unless, of course, you can provide a reference, I can get access and you can prove me wrong. You how footnotes work, right? Just like that.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#129TheArcadePosted 2/7/2013 4:43:36 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

And you're admitting to being a troll, fail harder.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#130FredSavage27Posted 2/7/2013 4:47:52 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
How many f***ing times do I have to tell you......I DON'T F***ING CARE WHAT HIS NAME IS ! ! !

The President of the United States is kind of an important person. I'm not saying that getting his name right will make your arguments more credible, but invariably using some "clever" nickname isn't helping.