This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Clown U.S. Senator says that video games are bigger problem than hand guns

#131Killah PriestPosted 2/7/2013 4:49:33 PM
Just got promoted to the front seat of the clown car.

more like his name has been embroidered on that seat since he switched to this alt.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#132FredSavage27Posted 2/7/2013 4:49:47 PM
Wait, why the hell would he run for office as Barack Hussien Obama if that wasn't his real name?
#133TheBlueStigPosted 2/7/2013 4:50:57 PM
The Devourer posted...
One thing to note is that cops have a response time. I don't see why people are so gung ho on giving responsibility of their own defense and protection to people who are no less than minutes away when seconds make a world of difference in a situation.

Another thing is that education and responsibility seem to be highly highly underrated as resources to use in situations. Instead of arguing about banning guns and whatever (blaming the tool or item for the problem) you actually go to education? EDUCATE the population, EDUCATE YOURSELF. TAKE responsibility. There is absolutely no guarantee anyone will ever be around to protect you or be there for you at all, especially in a life threatening situation. I know I'm not going to sit around and be a victim if I can help it.

If someone started a fight with me in school I would fight back. You know what the schools told us to do? If someone starts a fight with you cover your head and neck and turtle up until someone can get there. What the **** kind of victimizing teaching is that? On top of that, if you fought back you'd get suspended regardless of any other factors. I don't know how it is everywhere but people need to quit buying this **** that we need to lie down and take it and need people to protect us. We should be protecting and standing up for ourselves and not relying on others to do it who may or may not be there to do it.

Those in charge don't want the population educated, they want them as stupid as possible so they're easier to control.

And schools are breeding pacifists, there's far too many reports of kids getting suspended, expelled, and even arrested for things they do in school. Kids as young as 4 years old getting suspended for pointing their finger like a gun and saying "pow" at other students. A 6 year old suspended for making a lego gun and saying "bang". A 5 year old suspended for bringing a 2 inch long plastic gun to school that was strapped to the back of the GI Joe figure it came with. An entire group of students arrested by the cops and charged with misdemeanors and felonies just for starting a food fight.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/suspended-from-school-in-early-grades/2012/02/02/gIQA3H0X9Q_story.html

6,112 students suspended or expelled in 13 school systems in one region of one state in one year, most of them before third grade, some of them from PRE-kindergarten. Multiply that by the entire country, hundreds of thousands of students getting kicked out of school by clueless moron staff members.

The teachers are clueless on how to discipline the kids, so they suspend them or have them expelled, which damages them in many ways. That's on top of the damage they're doing by giving them trophies for losing and removing any kind of competitive events from their classes.

The same kind of thinking is getting into sports outside of school where kids are getting banned from those sports for being too good.

On top of all that, parents and teachers are getting kids put on psych drugs as young as 2 years old so their brains never have a chance to fully form the right way. Now we're "reaping the rewards" of those drugs by more kids snapping and breaking down mentally than ever before.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#134WinternovaPosted 2/7/2013 4:53:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#135kaMMakaZZi29Posted 2/7/2013 5:28:38 PM
Stupid politicians are a bigger problem than video games and hand guns.
---
PSN: kaMMakaZZi9 / XBL: kaMMakaZZi29 / ADD ME!
#136SixStringHeroPosted 2/7/2013 6:03:37 PM
The hoplophobia sure is strong in here...
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#137vigorm0rtisPosted 2/7/2013 6:26:08 PM
SixStringHero posted...

I'm not afraid of guns. I'm wary of idiots who think they're John Rambo when they hold a gun. Look over Stig's posts in other topics, about how he'll overturn the might of the US military with his Walmart guns (and presumably his ragtag band of Wolverines and the Ewoks as well).

I'm related to a whole herd of these halfwits. They give gun ownership a bad rap.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#138reverence27Posted 2/8/2013 2:23:53 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
SixStringHero posted...

I'm not afraid of guns. I'm wary of idiots who think they're John Rambo when they hold a gun. Look over Stig's posts in other topics, about how he'll overturn the might of the US military with his Walmart guns (and presumably his ragtag band of Wolverines and the Ewoks as well).

I'm related to a whole herd of these halfwits. They give gun ownership a bad rap.

The way Stig comes off always angry, and always shouting on and on about government conspiracies reminds me of the mentally disturbed individuals that lost it and committed the acts of violence that has forced america to finally take this situation seriously. Of course he doesn't want to loose his Assault rifles, how else will he make it in the headlines in the coming months. He also knows that any type or regulation passed would certainly disqualify him from purchasing any weapons due to mental instability.

Really, I am going to just start ignoring his nonsense and just say positive things about him to maybe help prevent another massacre. Dude seriously needs help,

Stig, you are special, and your family loves you. Think happy thoughts. YOU CAN DO IT!
---
"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies." ~Benjamin Franklin