This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone remember this game?

#1LonnyJohnsonPosted 2/1/2013 12:20:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJW2WiY_ULk

You got to control a giant mech in a city that could be completely destroying from battle. So awesome, don't understand why we don't have any good robot games like this on the next gen consoles.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#2NYEMPosted 2/1/2013 12:22:12 PM(edited)
Oh hell yeah, I loved RAD!
---
Wish that I was on ole rocky top, Down in the tennessee hills.Ain't no smoggy smoke on rocky top,
Ain't no telephone bills.
#3LonnyJohnson(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 12:22:47 PM
NYEM posted...
Oh hell yeah, I loved RAD!

It was so much fun. I sold it a long time ago and I regret it to this day.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#4MRL3G3NDPosted 2/1/2013 12:27:01 PM
http://youtu.be/cY9vqjRoNx8

in short...investors are not going to take chances on game concepts that don't have the potential to sell COD numbers...

Thats why I don't respect video games as an art...art is an experession...
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#5ILikesCheesePosted 2/1/2013 12:32:40 PM(edited)
RAD - Robot Alchemic Drive

Without a doubt, one of THE best games ever.

I remember getting the demo on the Official Playstation Magazine disk and being completely blown away. The game itself was like nothing I had ever played before, or sadly since. The multi-player was a scream too. Going up against someone else and their mech, you never knew which was the best way to approach a fight. Go for the robot, or the human controlling the robot? The sense of scale in this game was incredible.

I continually lament the fact that this has never been redone for modern systems. (Along with Phantom Dust and War of the Monsters.) It would look amazing in HD on my huge TV now, and online mulit-player matches would be fun as hell.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#6LonnyJohnson(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 12:31:33 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...
http://youtu.be/cY9vqjRoNx8

in short...investors are not going to take chances on game concepts that don't have the potential to sell COD numbers...

I see what you're saying. I think that's the problem with a lot of next-gen stuff. The graphics get better but the gameplay will always be the same. People are afraid to try anything new. At least theres the arcade stuff.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#7DyingPancakePosted 2/1/2013 12:40:06 PM
Maybe it needs to be a game you have to play to enjoy

It looks freaking horrible from that video though
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#8vigorm0rtisPosted 2/1/2013 12:40:20 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...

I take it you don't respect films either, then.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#9LonnyJohnson(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 12:47:05 PM
DyingPancake posted...
Maybe it needs to be a game you have to play to enjoy

It looks freaking horrible from that video though

It's a really old game, but really theres nothing else out there quite like it. It was a perfect game or anything but just really fun and refreshing.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#10ILikesCheesePosted 2/1/2013 12:47:51 PM
DyingPancake posted...
Maybe it needs to be a game you have to play to enjoy It looks freaking horrible from that video though

Yes, you get no idea of the gameplay from that video. The hook was in that you were in control of your avatar, and that through your avatar you ALSO controlled the giant mech via romote control. Battles played out wherein both you and your mech were in jeopardy at the same time; you fighting for your life in the streets while also keeping in line of sight of your giant mech and playing rock 'em sock 'em robot with the enemy. The controls were nifty too. You didn't just "Push A" to throw a punch; each limb was mapped to the controller.

The game was also infamous at the time for having the worst voice cast ever. :)
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?