This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can somebody recommend a good videogame news site?

#41Perfect LightPosted 2/1/2013 9:26:56 PM
I use GameTrailers and Giantbomb.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#42NemerlightPosted 2/2/2013 3:16:13 AM
IGN and GiantBomb. I used to check Gametrailers too but their new design is just complete **** now.
---
http://bitsandpieces.us/2011/03/25/a-well-written-police-report/
#43CapwnDPosted 2/2/2013 5:45:16 PM(edited)
It's weird, I listen to hours and hours of Giantbomb every week but I rarely ever go to the site. Was the same way with Rooster Teeth before they changed their format and I unsubscribed from their podcasts... I never watched their videos or went to the site.

In both cases I always intend to look at their other stuff, Giantbomb has such good content and I love watching/listening to them talk about games with such unbias and passion. And the same with Rooster Teeth, the have so many good videos (especially the Achievement Hunter stuff) but they completely lost me with the video podcast thing. The audio went to complete crap and it's just not interesting to me anymore.

So you people saying Giantbomb, do you just go to the site? Or listen to the podcasts too?
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#44FFTHEWINNERPosted 2/2/2013 6:37:22 PM
The best one is GF 360 board ;D.
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#45Dev445Posted 2/2/2013 6:43:05 PM
Try Gameinformer, that's my go to site for gaming news. I also get the books in the mail, they got some cool pictures in them. I really like the cover art they have on the front and back.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#46Luthor_Posted 2/2/2013 6:55:36 PM
I just get news from podcasts. The main ones I use are:

IGN's Podcast Unlocked (Really like this one)

CAG Cast (My favorite, and Shipwreck!)

Giant Bombcast (Recently, they get off topic way more than usual and talk a ton about iOS gaming so I find myself turning it off :S )

Idle Thumbs (Chill and good)
---
*jumps out of bush and throws spear*
-GorillaOnRoof
#47The_Dark_Slay3rPosted 2/2/2013 7:01:01 PM
So you people saying Giantbomb, do you just go to the site? Or listen to the podcasts too?

I consume all of their original content.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000325-xbox-360-general-social
#48CapwnDPosted 2/2/2013 7:03:46 PM(edited)
Giant Bombcast (Recently, they get off topic way more than usual and talk a ton about iOS gaming so I find myself turning it off :S )

I'm a month behind, so if you mean recently like January, that's good to know... I'll be able to catch up and skip all the iOS stuff.

It would be nice if they showed what game they are talking about on the ipod. You know, those dynamic things where they can change the image as the conversation changes. Because they'll say the name of the game once, and talk about it for 30 minutes and never mention the name again.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#49Luthor_Posted 2/2/2013 9:26:16 PM
CaPwnD posted...

I'm a month behind, so if you mean recently like January, that's good to know... I'll be able to catch up and skip all the iOS stuff.

It would be nice if they showed what game they are talking about on the ipod. You know, those dynamic things where they can change the image as the conversation changes. Because they'll say the name of the game once, and talk about it for 30 minutes and never mention the name again.

That would be nice. I often run into that problem when they are talking about some Indie game I've never heard of. It sounds interesting and I want to check it out, but I can't remember the name and they just refer to it as "the game" after it is mentioned once.
---
*jumps out of bush and throws spear*
-GorillaOnRoof
#50A-G-IPosted 2/3/2013 6:28:11 AM
>.>
---
@AperioGaming - I follow back!
AGI - Aperio Gaming Intel