This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why isn't crysis 3 being as hyped as crysis 2 was?

#1L0ZPosted 2/1/2013 2:09:55 PM
Game releases in a couple weeks and it isn't even top 10
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#2JascoDPosted 2/1/2013 2:11:58 PM
The Crysis games are kinda "meh", really. Crysis 2 was only hyped for it's engine, but the whole game itself was very forgettable, and in the end, that counts a lot more then any fancy tech.

Just like Rage.
---
Itchy Tasty!
#3aDominationPosted 2/1/2013 2:14:26 PM
JascoD posted...
The Crysis games are kinda "meh", really. Crysis 2 was only hyped for it's engine, but the whole game itself was very forgettable, and in the end, that counts a lot more then any fancy tech.

Just like Rage.

And Brink.
---
Achievement Unlocked
Into the Void 150(G)Learn the truth of Sithis and lived to be his Listener forever.
#4GGearXPosted 2/1/2013 2:14:36 PM
JascoD posted...

Just like Rage.

And they can't actually pump out the graphics on the Xbox360 compared to the PC.
So crysis 2and 3 look similar.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#5SunDevil77Posted 2/1/2013 2:15:57 PM
...crysis 2 was not very hyped. For consoles, at least.
---
Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.
#6Halochief6Posted 2/1/2013 2:32:56 PM
aDomination posted...
JascoD posted...

Just like Rage.

And Brink.

No
---
"Please explain to me how a dog can help a blind person see the difference in 720p to 1080p in tv sets under 32"?" - NakedSnake1986
#7Shy420Posted 2/1/2013 2:36:12 PM
Because when Crysis 2 came out everyone who played multiplayer realized it was just more of the same. Where the single player looked really great it wasn't the selling point of the game. People just didn't care about it.

I mean sure I'll be buying C3 for the single player but having played the amazingly boring multiplayer I've no interest in the online part of the game.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#8vogelkackePosted 2/1/2013 2:37:14 PM
probably because crysis 3 looks like a big add-on.
#9OKRecords1138Posted 2/1/2013 2:38:14 PM
Because Crysis 2 was dumb, and they know that with this knowledge most people won't bother with the 3rd one.
---
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com
#10pothocketPosted 2/1/2013 2:40:22 PM
aDomination posted...
JascoD posted...

Just like Rage.

And Brink.

LOL that you guys think Crysis 2 is in the same boat as Rage and Brink.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson