This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why isn't crysis 3 being as hyped as crysis 2 was?

#11therickmu25Posted 2/1/2013 2:52:46 PM
For anyone priviledged enough to have played Crysis 1 on PC, they would know why Crysis 2 was a let-down and how Crysis 3 just looks like more of the same.

Because when Crysis 2 came out everyone who played multiplayer realized it was just more of the same. Where the single player looked really great it wasn't the selling point of the game. People just didn't care about it.

The selling point of Crysis IS the singleplayer. Nobody cares about multiplayer in Crysis. Nobody.
---
Desktop: http://i.imgur.com/qv9CK.jpg
Current Game Collection: http://i.imgur.com/FYaHS.jpg
#12BBBanks03Posted 2/1/2013 2:53:09 PM
Because Crysis 1 was a big and great game>>>> Crysis 2 gets big and great hype>>>> Crysis 2 comes out and is pretty eh overall>>>>> Crysis 3 gets eh amount of hype.

Its like, science, man.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#13Halochief6Posted 2/1/2013 3:18:07 PM
pothocket posted...
aDomination posted...
JascoD posted...
The Crysis games are kinda "meh", really. Crysis 2 was only hyped for it's engine, but the whole game itself was very forgettable, and in the end, that counts a lot more then any fancy tech.

Just like Rage.

And Brink.

LOL that you guys think Crysis 2 is in the same boat as Rage and Brink.

I'm with you on Brink, but I don't see how Rage isn't in the same boat
---
"Please explain to me how a dog can help a blind person see the difference in 720p to 1080p in tv sets under 32"?" - NakedSnake1986
#14majicray2112Posted 2/1/2013 3:18:23 PM
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Crysis 2 was a great game. Probably the best graphics in a game this gen. The campaign was excellent. I don't play multiplayer games so I don't know about that, but to us normal average gamers it was a great game and I am looking forward to the third installment.
#15L0Z(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 3:36:21 PM(edited)
You dawgs serious? The multiplayer is fun as hell once you stop playing new recruit matches. And this fabled lag and crappy net code causing lag I have not seen yet. It's disappointing that the community is only a few thousand a day and a few game modes are dead but I can always find a instant team action match faster than I can find a team slayer match in halo 4. I think people just play a couple matches and are turned off by the learning curve of mixing stealth and armor modes in a timely manner
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]