This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft has at least 4 new IPs on the way, MS insider responds to PS4

#1ROFLdPosted 2/1/2013 2:29:04 PM
Just thought I'd bring some positive news since so many young PS3 fanboy trolls are flooding the board because of rumors.

A "Microsoft insider" speaking to CVG has responded to Sony's next-generation tease. This unnamed person said future platform supremacy will be awarded to the company with the most substance, not the most flash.

"Victory will go not to those who make the most noise, but those who make the most impact," this person said.

In addition, a Sony insider told the site that the company is not focusing on outperforming the Xbox 720 in terms of raw power. Previous reports suggested the PS4 and Xbox 720 would be feature the same graphics card.

"The war won't be won by producing the most powerful system," the person said."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-insider-responds-to-ps4-report-6403273

And most importantly:

Microsoft currently has at least 4 new IPs in the works, most like for "Durango" :

"Four unannounced IPs are in the works, according to Jonathan Browne. Browne is a senior product manager within Microsoft’s first-party publishing group, and has acted as the primary product manager behind the new titles. He has “been a key contributor to bringing these IP from the very early concept phase through green light to production.”

Browne’s LinkedIn profile states:

“I am currently a strategic Senior Product Manager/Product Planner within the Microsoft 1st Party Publishing group. I have been the primary product manager on four unannounced new IP and have been a key contributor to bringing these IP from the very early concept phase through green light to production.”

Presumably, most (if not all) of these IP will appear on Microsoft’s next home console."

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?p=13879292

Shame Sony has fallen so low, now rushing PS4 because of all the Durango rumors when PS3 has tons of momemtum and games they could've ridden on (like they said they were going to so many times). Microsoft has made Sony change their strategy for the first time since PS1. Next gen will be so, so delicuous.
---
Craw so hard mother****ers wanna fry me... that fish cray
#2GGearXPosted 2/1/2013 2:31:02 PM
Halo party
Halo kart
Super smash halo
And
Halo prime?
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#3PrinceYoshiPosted 2/1/2013 2:31:29 PM
This was so obvious. PS3 fans have been ignoring the tons of studios MS has been opening up left and right. What did they think they were for?

anyway I'll be there day 1, MS. Just don't make it over $500.
#4CyricsServantPosted 2/1/2013 2:33:20 PM
PrinceYoshi posted...
This was so obvious. PS3 fans have been ignoring the tons of studios MS has been opening up left and right. What did they think they were for?

Kinect party games?

j/k, we'll see what MS comes up with.
#5Infamous0nePosted 2/1/2013 2:34:11 PM
GGearX posted...
Halo party
Halo kart
Super smash halo
And
Halo prime?

Learn to read... New IPs. Halo is an existing IP that 343i exclusively works on (and does a fantastic job, thankfully >_>)
#6pothocketPosted 2/1/2013 2:34:56 PM
One will be from Bungie and be like Halo except BIGGER IS BETTER!!!!

One will be from Lionhead and Peter M. and be kinect based and bat-**** crazy and not really work like it should

One will be from Rare as some type of family home casual game thingy
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#7vogelkackePosted 2/1/2013 2:35:51 PM
thats actually nice to hear.
im sure they will all be great.
#8GGearXPosted 2/1/2013 2:37:24 PM
EbtInfamous0ne posted...
GGearX posted...
Halo party
Halo kart
Super smash halo
And
Halo prime?

Learn to read... New IPs. Halo is an existing IP that 343i exclusively works on (and does a fantastic job, thankfully >_>)

I can read. I'm just saying what the Sony Fanboys are going to respond with.
Though I wouldn't make nd a halo done in Metroid prime style.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#9ARsignal11Posted 2/1/2013 3:01:59 PM
pothocket posted...

One will be from Lionhead and Peter M. and be kinect based and bat-**** crazy and not really work like it should

Bungie is with Activision, so their next game will surely be mutiplatform...so that's nixed.

Peter M. left Lionhead, so that's also nixed.

As for your third option...well...that could happen.
#10Infamous0nePosted 2/1/2013 3:20:24 PM
ARsignal11 posted...
pothocket posted...

Bungie is with Activision, so their next game will surely be mutiplatform...so that's nixed.

Bungie's first game is going to be either exclusive or timed exclusive (I think the latter) as it was revealed in their documents.