This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Thing - Hardest Original Xbox Game -

#1jaymart_2kPosted 2/1/2013 3:01:56 PM
Till this day I haven't been able to beat it.
---
(Xbox Live GT) jaymart 4point0 (PSN) jaymart_ 2k (Twitter) jaymart2k (Nintendo ID) JayMart
#2Killah PriestPosted 2/1/2013 3:02:32 PM
most people say breakdown.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 2/1/2013 3:05:08 PM
I don't remember The Thing being that hard. Love that game. I was kind of hoping the prequel would spark some interest in another.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#4Gunvalkyrie2Posted 2/1/2013 3:06:47 PM
*cough*

GunValkyrie. Nafalgar's Pit sez hi.
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#5JKSonicPosted 2/1/2013 3:11:16 PM
I played about half way through and I don't remember it being hard at all...nor anything about it being hard from other people. My two votes would go to Breakdown and to that Dragon's Lair platformer.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#6JenniferTatePosted 2/1/2013 3:31:50 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
I don't remember The Thing being that hard. Love that game. I was kind of hoping the prequel would spark some interest in another.

That would have been so awesome.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#7rdking96Posted 2/1/2013 3:37:37 PM
Poor team management can make the game headache inducing. No where near hardest game on the xbox though...

Ninja Gaiden gets very hard!
---
"There won't be any money...but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness...So I got that goin' for me - which is nice."
#8NeoGeoXSegaPosted 2/1/2013 3:41:32 PM
What was so hard about The Thing?
I seen a few let's play videos & saw nothing hard about it.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#9CapwnDPosted 2/1/2013 3:46:30 PM
Hardest thing about the thing was that the thing didn't have inverted control option on the Xbox. Had to buy the PC version and play it with mouse and keyboard.

The Thing is also the first time I realized that IGN was just copy and pasting their reviews for games across all platforms, that they didn't even bother to talor a review for the PS2 or Xbox or Gamecube, they would even leave things like "R2/L2" buttons in when reviewing the 360 version.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh