This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I get Dragon Age: Origins and its DLC?

#1Damon PlusPosted 2/1/2013 3:03:46 PM
It seems a very cheap game to get (about 10), and it seems it got pretty good reviews. Is it anything like the Mass Effect series (which I love?). I've seen it has a lot of DLC at discount now, it is worth getting all of it?
---
Step back! This is my blast shot!
#2SSJGrimReaperPosted 2/1/2013 3:05:17 PM
I'd just pick up the retail Ultimate Edition copy
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 2/1/2013 3:10:18 PM
It's a great game, but sort of behind the times. Graphics aside, it's a game I would have expected in 2001. Still really good, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend all the DLC. Leliana's Song and Darkspawn Chronicles are more like mini-spinoffs, and Witch Hunt is a continuation of the story that's really only interesting depending on how the main game played out.

I liked all but Darkspawn Chronicles, myself.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#4SunDevil77Posted 2/1/2013 3:14:02 PM
SSJGrimReaper posted...
I'd just pick up the retail Ultimate Edition copy

Unfortunately, it's kind of rare.
---
Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.
#5JKSonicPosted 2/1/2013 3:16:39 PM
I loved it, easily in my top 10 this gen and probably creeping close to my top 5. Just remember it's more of an old school RPG in that if you play on the harder difficulties it's EXTREMELY hard. I had to turn off ally damage because with it on I just died constantly, was too much for me (from somebody who has beaten Dark Souls). All in all I loved it though and it has a huge amount of replay-ability.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 2/1/2013 3:21:01 PM
JKSonic posted...
. Just remember it's more of an old school RPG in that if you play on the harder difficulties it's EXTREMELY hard. I had to turn off ally damage because with it on I just died constantly, was too much for me.

What class and party were you playing with? I went through nightmare with friendly fire on, it was a cake walk. I never even switched to other characters except to make them drink a potion. Seriously, this is not a claim to gaming badassery, because that is one thing I'm not. Dark Souls is exponentially, like cosmic orders of magnitude more challenging.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF