This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone care to explain how the Gears series got worse after 1?

#21Halochief6(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 4:33:52 PM
kingwutugu posted...
every game gets worse after 1 these days.

I hate this logic.
---
"Please explain to me how a dog can help a blind person see the difference in 720p to 1080p in tv sets under 32"?" - NakedSnake1986
#22dannyaqPosted 2/1/2013 4:39:28 PM
kingwutugu posted...

you never played assassins creed.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#23scoobydoobydontPosted 2/1/2013 4:40:46 PM
AC1 was awesome. Haters don't know s***.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#24656stoogePosted 2/1/2013 4:46:07 PM
I liked them all, but I was always bothered by the fact that it seemed 70% of Gears 2 took place underground (I like levels were I can see the sky), and I didn't like the Lambadnt in Gears 3 as much as the locust.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#25rockyoumonkeysPosted 2/1/2013 4:47:49 PM
dannyaq posted...
kingwutugu posted...

Or Mass Effect 2, or Red Dead Redemption, or Saints Row 3, or Just Cause 2, or Borderlands 2, or Batman Arkham City, or Far Cry 3......
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#26KOTRwhoopsPosted 2/1/2013 5:37:40 PM
pothocket posted...
SPOILERS FOR 2

like at the research facility. Having to carry that stupid bomb and shoot one handed. Then it goes into a whole thing about turrets and flipping switches to proceed.

The worm especially was just one huge gimmick after another.

Every single area in the game felt like I had to "solve" it, and it got pretty annoying very quick.

Was also pissed that Cliffy lied to us to. Before the game was released, in preview videos, he joked about how everyone hated the krill and not to worry because they're not in this one, yet we get razor rain? -____-

It's. The. Same. Damn. Thing.

Funny, I thought Act 2 in the orginal was the best in the whole series. The kryll are amazing IMO. They were hardly annoying you just had to think a bit.
---
PLAYING - Minecraft (360), DmC (PC), ZombiU (WU), Ni No Kuni (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#27GGearXPosted 2/1/2013 5:45:11 PM
Depends on what people are talking about TC.
I LOVED gears of War 2s single player and multi player more than 1 and 3.
It felt slower and more tactical. And that bloom they added in 3 turned me wayyy off. I only played 3s multiplayer for a week.

2 felt like it was the peak
The whole " we are losing" in the single player was awesome. Especially that scene with tai.
I wish they were going to make 3 much better. More grittier . But nope.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#28kingwutuguPosted 2/1/2013 8:56:11 PM
rockyoumonkeys posted...
dannyaq posted...
kingwutugu posted...

Or Mass Effect 2, or Red Dead Redemption, or Saints Row 3, or Just Cause 2, or Borderlands 2, or Batman Arkham City, or Far Cry 3......

saints row 1 was the best in that series, all 3 though do have unique things about them, but the story in 1 was the best.

assassins creed 1 story was a bit horrible so i didn't play any other ones, I don't like how its practically like a dream and you keep waking up from it.

I did only play mass effect one then 2 came out with too much dlc you had to buy so I skipped the rest of the series

I played a little of both batman games and it just felt too slow, maybe cause you have to hold a button down to move faster.

and I like red dead revolver better b/c it felt more like a western movie and it had a great 4 player multi which I would play with my brothers/friends and It had so many unique playable characters, can you be more than one character in redemption?
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#29rockyoumonkeysPosted 2/1/2013 9:22:34 PM
kingwutugu posted...
rockyoumonkeys posted...
dannyaq posted...
kingwutugu posted...

saints row 1 was the best in that series, all 3 though do have unique things about them, but the story in 1 was the best.

assassins creed 1 story was a bit horrible so i didn't play any other ones, I don't like how its practically like a dream and you keep waking up from it.

I did only play mass effect one then 2 came out with too much dlc you had to buy so I skipped the rest of the series

I played a little of both batman games and it just felt too slow, maybe cause you have to hold a button down to move faster.

and I like red dead revolver better b/c it felt more like a western movie and it had a great 4 player multi which I would play with my brothers/friends and It had so many unique playable characters, can you be more than one character in redemption?

Ugh. I started to write out this big long response and then I got to the ME2 part and groaned, and then I read the rest and said **** it. I don't see how you can even like video games.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#30Vegeta_YulawPosted 2/2/2013 1:14:36 AM
my thought about Gears 3. Been there, done that.... Nothing new.
---
[URL=[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/2317711033.png[/IMG][/URL]