This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did Netflix used to have some party watch feature?

#1SoincMetalPosted 2/1/2013 6:14:16 PM
Didn't Netflix used to be able to watch a show or movie with a party? I'm not sure if it was ever there to begin with so, if it did why'd they get rid of it? I wouldn't mine watchin funny movies with people over live. It's like playin a game online but your just watching movies and laughin.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#2nintendo3000Posted 2/1/2013 6:17:24 PM
Well, you can always invite into a normal party chat and watch the same thing.
---
Karma hit 666 at 9/5/11
Fluttershy is BEST PONY!!!
#3TheMuffinPosted 2/1/2013 6:17:58 PM
Yup it existed. It no longer exists. I'm assuming it was removed because the quality of the video you were watching was based on the person with the lowest connection. So if your friend happened to drop connection the movie would stop entirely
---
LordAizenSama~ Did you know 99% of murderers wear clothes?
#4SoincMetal(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 6:25:48 PM
That's understandable, it's like a host Dropping from the game it should close. And yea you all could watch the same thing but it won't be on sync. And if you all do sync it the party deserve a cookie :).
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#5crynryanPosted 2/1/2013 11:56:49 PM
Yup it existed. It no longer exists. I'm assuming it was removed because the quality of the video you were watching was based on the person with the lowest connection. So if your friend happened to drop connection the movie would stop entirely

IIRC, it was because Microsoft removed the ability to have people in "parties" for apps. And since the ability to do so wasn't there, Netflix couldn't have added it back in themselves.
---
Got any ideas to make a game with? Hit me up with them if you do.
#6ssjtrunk1Posted 2/3/2013 2:30:28 PM
microsoft also removed the 3d movies from the netflix app.

On the PS3 NETFLIX APP there a ton of 3d movies.
---
Today I have over 2100 karma.
#7darkharePosted 2/3/2013 2:45:50 PM
nintendo3000 posted...

no, no, just no... we cannot have any of that logic in this topic! were all here to talk about how butt-hurt we are about a feature that was rarely used being taken out damn it!
---
micro-transactions in $60.00 retail games, it will get worse devs are just boiling the frog slowly so we dont notice.
#8Pacman2dxPosted 2/3/2013 7:13:50 PM
nintendo3000 posted...

This. Ever since they removed the feature this is how me and a bud of mine had to watch our daily B movies .. needless to say, it didn't work too well - I want parties back ..
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Who dares, wins.