This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Next-gen graphics preview!!! (Old)

#11triple sPosted 2/1/2013 9:12:25 PM
bluehat94 posted...
Some more interesting news, CD-ProjektRED announced their new engine today and confirmed that they're using it for Cybepunk 2077, and possibly The Witcher 3

Heres the in engine screenshot the released with the announcement:

http://www.gameranx.com/img/13-Feb/red-engine-3.jpg

Can't wait to see it in action

The Witcher 2 is one of the best looking PC games ever now, I would love to see how Cyberpunk ends up looking like.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#12triple sPosted 2/1/2013 10:05:47 PM
RahzarX posted...
triple s posted...
The Wii U? LMAO, it must be the most watered down version of it.

They all have similar GPU's.

Won't be watered down.

Nintendo can compete this gen, accept it. Why does the notion of Nintendo having a high end console scare you so much?

Nintendo a high end console? If that's the case, why aren't the graphics only on par with 7 year old hardware? The newest 360 could only be 25% better and outperform it, lol. And why the **** would I be "scared" of Nintendo having a high end console? If anything, it would make me want to buy it.
---
#13SwtorN00bPosted 2/1/2013 10:18:15 PM
triple s posted...
RahzarX posted...
triple s posted...

Won't be watered down.

Nintendo can compete this gen, accept it. Why does the notion of Nintendo having a high end console scare you so much?

Nintendo a high end console? If that's the case, why aren't the graphics only on par with 7 year old hardware? The newest 360 could only be 25% better and outperform it, lol. And why the **** would I be "scared" of Nintendo having a high end console? If anything, it would make me want to buy it.

Just let it go bro, Everyone knows the pc version is the only one that will look
that good.
#14triple sPosted 2/1/2013 10:48:45 PM
SwtorN00b posted...
triple s posted...
RahzarX posted...
triple s posted...

Won't be watered down.

Just let it go bro, Everyone knows the pc version is the only one that will look
that good.

This is true, but it still makes me laugh thinking the Wii U to be anything on par with that.
---
#15KillaBeAtPosted 2/1/2013 11:05:46 PM
Last Vampire posted...
I fail to see what game engines have to do with story. Projeckt RED is a cool dev and all, but that whole spiel reeked of (bad) marketing speak.

Technology defines the limitations we have on story-telling friend.

Story is more than just the things that happen, or the things that characters say. Visual and sound design are JUST as important as plot when it comes to creating a video-game or a movie. The only reason plot gets all the credit for making a games "story" good is because it's the easiest thing for your average person to see, but there are literally a million things that go into visual story telling that the average person doesn't see.

It is not a coincidence that some of the best games of the generation also happen to be those that have the most beautiful design. Games like Bioshock, Red Dead Redemption, and Skyrim simply would NOT have been the same had their worlds not been expertly crafted, and had the technology not existed to make their words feel real. The more realistic our worlds feel, the more realistically those world behave, the more we, as gamers, become immersed in the story, the more we are able to project ourselves into that world, the more we connect to the characters etc. etc. etc.

Imagine a GTA game where if you shot someone on the street pedestrians would scatter in a realistic pattern (as opposed to what they do now, which is 10 pedestrians run with the exact same animation along the sidewalk)

Imagine an Elder Scrolls city with Packed City streets FULL of people that behave like people.

Can you not see the story-telling potential of being able to not only CREATE any world that you can imagine (movies can do that already) but putting a player in it and letting them actually INTERACT with it?

Can you not see the difference in effect between walking around in this
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/dev_akm/oblivion/oto/oto_vanillaLOD.jpg

When compared to this
http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/460051-1323348911.jpg

Or the differences between your characters being animated like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wS4MheGzIc

and like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe51ZPL9aRE

Advancements in technology = advancements in opportunity for creative story-tellers to use the medium.
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.
#16RahzarX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:16:35 AM
triple s posted...
RahzarX posted...
triple s posted...

Won't be watered down.

The graphics SURPASS last-gen by a large margin.

You clearly haven't played Nintendo land in full res HD. Or you'd be singing a different tune. Mario U is also a graphical powerhouse.

These are launch games that drastically kill the END of the last generation. It's only up from here.

You're in denial. Get overrrr it. Nano Assault alone looks better than anything you can name. And it's on the eshop.

If you were actually a Wii U owner, you'd know the truth, you're an outsider looking in, thinking he's right. :)
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#17SxmfctPosted 2/2/2013 2:18:24 AM
Skyrim on my PC looks better than that

Hope this helps.
---
"We play the game without having to worry about viruses, system instability, OS deterioration, Compatibility issues, or crappy controls." - 95_Eclipse
#18meathoven2Posted 2/2/2013 5:25:32 AM

You clearly haven't played Nintendo land in full res HD. Or you'd be singing a different tune. Mario U is also a graphical powerhouse.

These are launch games that drastically kill the END of the last generation. It's only up from here.

You're in denial. Get overrrr it. Nano Assault alone looks better than anything you can name. And it's on the eshop.

If you were actually a Wii U owner, you'd know the truth, you're an outsider looking in, thinking he's right. :)

As a wii u owner I somewhat agree. It's still early days in speculating what it "could" do in terms of graphics. I don't know about being better by a large margin but Nintendo land does look really really nice and the graphics will only get better. At the end of the day I own a wii u and will own the next xbox so happy days.
---
And yet your national sports are a weak, watered down babies first rugby and the mentally challenged stepson of cricket. - Hhhmmm
#19JKSonicPosted 2/2/2013 5:53:35 AM
Some more interesting news, CD-ProjektRED announced their new engine today and confirmed that they're using it for Cybepunk 2077, and possibly The Witcher 3

Their engines are always freaking terrible. I wish they'd just license a smoother more reliable one for once. Both Witchter 1 and 2 would have been better games for it.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#20triple sPosted 2/2/2013 6:20:37 AM

When you say last gen, are we talking about PS2/Xbox/GC? If you're talking about the PS3 or 360, oh please! I just can't see myself calling the Wii U a next gen console. Even if you do call it a next gen console, it's about 7 years too late.
---