This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm dumb, and didn't do research.

#1angry_cowtipperPosted 2/1/2013 9:55:13 PM
So I bought Phantom Dust because I heard it was an awesome game, and compatible with the 360. So I powered everything up, and it says "You need a hard drive hooked up to this thing.", so I hook mine up, and it's like "No, like a Microsoft official one", and I'm like "Well, ****". So what's the smallest, cheapest one I can buy for a fat, white 360 that'll make the game go? I had my sights on the 20GB, but after Googling the question, I found some responses saying the bigger, triple digits were needed for some reason.
---
Far Cry 3, Don't Starve (PC), AC3 (PS3), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
#2VincentVegaPosted 2/1/2013 11:08:20 PM
A 20gb will work fine and is probably your cheapest option.
---
"I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work."
Old Snake in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
#3Arucard05Posted 2/1/2013 11:16:46 PM
Sidebar: Is there some reason I've heard about this game more in the last month than I have in the past 7 years? It seems to come up all the time recently.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
#4zyxomma100Posted 2/1/2013 11:49:01 PM
I haven't heard it being mentioned more recently. It's always been one of those games that comes up every so often in discussions of old Xbox games. I rarely hear a bad word about it.
#5angry_cowtipper(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 11:55:37 PM
I had heard about it on Giant Bomb on some feature where they were discussing games, and Ryan Davis said it was "one of the only original Xbox games he still kept out". Upon reading more about it, it seemed to be acclaimed everywhere, so I bought it.
---
Far Cry 3, Don't Starve (PC), AC3 (PS3), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
#6sec713Posted 2/2/2013 12:14:15 AM
Sure the 20GB ones are the cheapest, but you can easily buy a bigger one for not much more. These are the prices @ Gamestop:
20GB = $30
60GB = $40
120GB = $50
250GB = $75

Personally I'd pick up a 120GB. It's the best value.
---
Insert signature here.
GT = Nasty Ronco
#7sec713Posted 2/2/2013 12:16:39 AM
BTW - How do you not have a hard drive already? Did you recently get an XBox, or are you just using flash drives or something?
---
Insert signature here.
GT = Nasty Ronco
#8angry_cowtipper(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:24:01 AM
sec713 posted...
BTW - How do you not have a hard drive already? Did you recently get an XBox, or are you just using flash drives or something?

I got a 360 in 2009 because of the Mass Effect series (lol), Alan Wake (lol), and the Gears games. I used it for those games and for Bethesda games until I got a gaming PC. I avoided getting a wireless adapter by using a connection bridge via an ethernet cable from my laptop, and avoided getting an official hard drive by plugging in my WD 500 GB and partitioning 15 GB for the 360. I've never tried playing an original Xbox game on the machine before, because there were no Xbox games I wanted to play.
---
#9sec713Posted 2/2/2013 1:08:47 AM
Ok so the XBox isn't your primary gaming device. That makes sense. I used to do the same thing with the wireless connection and internet connection sharing. That was a few years back when I was too poor to pay for my own connection, so I was stealing a signal from a neighbor named Jim. Never met the guy, but his access point was named "Wireless Jim" and more important, it was unsecured. Thanks Jim!
---
Insert signature here.
GT = Nasty Ronco