This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions thread!

#1rwfan2cPosted 2/1/2013 10:13:42 PM
quick Explanation of this thread.

-Post your Opinions of things in the gaming industry that is by no mean the popular opinion. (This could be about a game, a charecter, a company, etc.)

-This is not a trolling topic... so please dont argue about other people opinions (They are opinions after all so they cannot be incorrect).

Mine are as follows (May add more later.)

1. Resident Evil 4 killed the series.

2. Halo has been a pretty bland and non-entertaining series since Halo 2. (Halo:CE wasn't great either but you can't deny what it did for FPS's on the consoles.)

3. The Uncharted Series is no where near as good as everyone says it is.

4. The Elder Scrolls games are nearly unplayable (Not unplayable because of broken controls, unplayable because of the blandness of everything.)
---
XBOX GT: thetimeofthe9
Steam ID: Thetimeofthen9ne
#2vigorm0rtisPosted 2/1/2013 10:19:51 PM
1. Halo is the most starkly bland and uninteresting franchise in 2 gens.

2. Metal Gear is the most ridiculous franchise in gaming history. Kojima hates narrative and context, then makes movie-games. It's freaking mind-boggling.

3. Dark Souls is great, but it's also dramatically overrated. It's also not a RPG. It's the most intricate hack-and-slash ever made.

4. Gaming is not a skill.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#3bluehat94Posted 2/1/2013 10:22:30 PM
Dark Souls was boring and I didn't like it.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#4robert21Posted 2/1/2013 10:48:52 PM(edited)
1. Skyrim is a vastly overrated game. I love the elder scrolls games and was really looking forward to skyrim. But with the game mechanics being way simplified compared to, say, morrowind, it just couldn't hold my attention at all.

2. While I love bioshock's story, I enjoyed bioshock 2 much more. Gameplay was much tighter and the ending was way better than the firsts

Edit: I'd like to add the first number from TC's list. I enjoyed both 4 and 5 but compared to the first games they are a definite step down
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
Making the human race look better one day at a time
#5Gary StantonPosted 2/1/2013 10:52:27 PM
WATCH AND MARK YOUR SPOILERS!
---
"War as a video game; what better way to raise the ultimate soldier?" - Solid Snake
#6velvet_hammerPosted 2/1/2013 10:55:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7velvet_hammerPosted 2/1/2013 10:58:38 PM
1. Not really unpopular but GTA4 was the biggest disappointment for me this gen.. a GTA fan since the pc versions.. An abomination one of the worst R* games ever, ill take man hunt bully rdr mp3 etc etc over this trash..

2. Halo MP stopped being good after 3 now its CoD: Marines in space

3. Skyrim sucks crap and so does any game with terrible gameplay ( hi bethesda )

4. Alpha Protocols story makes ME series look like childsplay

I got more maybe ill edit some in later
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#8CapwnDPosted 2/1/2013 11:07:45 PM
Decimation X3 is a better Space Invaders than Space Invaders Extreme and Space Invaders Infinity Gene
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#9delux19Posted 2/1/2013 11:09:05 PM
Dark Souls is trash and Borderlands is boring.
#10KINGWARPosted 2/1/2013 11:15:35 PM
Sonic '06 isn't that bad.

Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon was a pretty good game.

MMOs just aren't that fun.

Controllers are always a better option than mouse and keyboard.

Nintendo has been making pretty much the same Zelda game for 15 years now.
---
Oh God how did this get here I am not good with computer