This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions thread!

#41master_gamr1231Posted 2/2/2013 1:05:52 PM
Save editing is really fun. Especially since I have a strong hatred of grinding and really like to play god-like characters.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#42Arucard05Posted 2/2/2013 1:11:14 PM
Arucard05 posted...
Valkyria Chronicles is better off on the PSP.

:0

. . . You're dead to me.

Search your feelings. You know this to be true.

The structure of the game is far better as a portable experience, playing a mission or two here and there.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#43CyricsServantPosted 2/2/2013 1:25:41 PM(edited)
Arucard05 posted...
Arucard05 posted...
Valkyria Chronicles is better off on the PSP.

:0

. . . You're dead to me.

Search your feelings. You know this to be true.

The structure of the game is far better as a portable experience, playing a mission or two here and there.

Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me, Arcuard05.

Even if the structure of the game is better suited for portables (which I'm not conceding), you can't deny that the switch to a hanheld sounded the death knell of the franchise. The first game had the majority of it's sales in the U.S. and Europe. However, the sequel did so poorly in the West that the third game never even got localized. That's just pathetic.
#44Arucard05Posted 2/2/2013 1:39:26 PM
Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me, Arcuard05.

Even if the structure of the game is better suited for portables (which I'm not conceding), you can't deny that the switch to a hanheld sounded the death knell of the franchise. The first game had the majority of it's sales in the U.S. and Europe. However, the sequel did so poorly in the West that the third game never even got localized. That's just pathetic.

I only meant from a gameplay perspective. Either way, the budget required to make another PS3 game would have likely been way too high considering the sales of the first one. So it was probably PSP or nothing.

Can't wait for that VCIII English patch :)
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#45DonomegaPosted 2/2/2013 1:40:23 PM
Pokemon is SO overrated its not even funny.

World of Warcraft is another overrated game, how it became the #1 MMO is a mystery

Assassins Creed is up there too as being overrated.

Minecraft too. Don't know how people play it.
---
Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 640K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk
3DS FC: 0903-4184-6816
#46Enix BelmontPosted 2/2/2013 1:54:21 PM
A few more:

ME2 and 3 are 10x as good as ME1 gameplay wise, and ME2 is better in story and such as well.

Pokemon single player is tedious and boring as a result of it being WAY too easy, and the multiplayer aspects are barely worth the effort of EV training and such.

Psychonauts was mediocre and got low sales because it lives and dies by it's style and humor, which most people don't find that appealing.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#47wild09Posted 2/2/2013 2:05:36 PM
Devil May Cry 3 is for sissies go play some Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2
---
Awesome games I've never finished: Vampire:
The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Black Sigil, 999 (True ending), Nier (all endings besides A)
#48LonnyJohnsonPosted 2/2/2013 2:06:40 PM
GTA IV was bad....REAL bad.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#49GrandMast3rPosted 2/2/2013 2:13:45 PM
I like most popular games except call of duty. Most overrated piece of refurbished crap. Same game every year!

Sickens me how many people preorder for the same game and how much Treyarch and Activision earn from this nonsense. Meanwhile other companies try so hard to sell new IP's and other series pump out good sequels, yet fall behind this garbage. It's a bandwagon game, you're only playing it because your friends play it.

I also don't like Final Fantasy. Kiddy crap.
#50abombt7Posted 2/2/2013 11:34:59 PM
wild09 posted...
Devil May Cry 3 is for sissies go play some Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2

I think we may be related. Perhaps not through blood, but definitely in spirit. Nobody defeats a master ninja.