This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions thread!

#51LeftWid3OpenPosted 2/3/2013 12:04:39 AM
The best assassin's creed was 1.

World of Warcraft is terrible.

Minecraft is mind numbingly boring.

Rainbow Six Vegas is the best shooter to grace this generation.
#52axe4hirePosted 2/3/2013 12:13:50 AM
1. I enjoyed Kane and Lynch 1 and 2
---
http://kotaku.com/5558637/newsflash-study-reveals-pro-gamers-are-out-of-shape - MLG is not a sport
Gamer Tag - Right Wing Red | PSN - Right_Wing_Red
#53shooterfan22Posted 2/3/2013 12:57:01 AM
ViDEO GAMES SUCK!
#54cvmckenziePosted 2/3/2013 6:15:07 AM
1) HD graphics, and the budgets they require have ruined the creativity that used to make gaming awesome.

2) 'Hardcore' games are every bit as dumbed down and simplified as casual games.

3) Nintendo is the only company that still 'gets it' but they lack the balls to offer mature rated games alongside their traditional titles.

4) The best 360 interface was the first one with the 'blades.'

5) Sony has done absolutely nothing constructive this entire gen.

6) MS's and sony's next gen console unveiling, pricepoints, release schedule and launch titles will cause many hardcore ps3 and 360 gamers to go nintendo only this generation.

7) PC gamers are more annoying than trolls.
---
Don't be that guy that's like those guys. It's in poor taste.
#55Luthor_Posted 2/3/2013 8:58:11 AM
1) I love Skyrim. It is easily in my top 5 of all time. (Yes, at this point, this is the unpopular opinion. All I ever see is hate for this game outside of it's board.)

2) Borderlands is pretty boring

3) The open world in Arkham city killed the game.
---
*jumps out of bush and throws spear*
-GorillaOnRoof
#56WinternovaPosted 2/3/2013 9:59:07 AM
1) People are morons for complaining about DLC. Before DLC if expansion material was released you had to buy the game at full price for a second time: Fable:The Lost Chapters, Morrowind:Game of the Year Edition, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, etc. Now that content is released at a cheaper price-point and is a great OPTION if you want to add more to the game. Games always have had parts cut from them due to time constraints - DLC isn't intentionally dropped from the game to make more money. The ones that are the kings of stupid are the people who say that "full games aren't being released" anymore.

2) Skyrim is better than Oblivion, which is better than Morrowind. They're also damn close to being the most perfect video games ever developed.

3) ET is nowhere near the worst video game ever made. I OWNED AND PLAYED numerous games on the Atari 2600 that were infinitely worse than ET. ET is actually quite entertaining if you bother to learn the mechanics of the game (and don't play with the FBI Agent and the Scientist).

3.5) Howard Scott Warshaw was a GOD of video game design and programming. He made Raiders of the Lost Ark. He made Yar's Revenge. And he made ET in less than 2 months.

4) Advertisements on Xbox LIVE are a good thing. I like exploring the dashboard, diving into the ads, and downloading any freebies they offer. I also like looking through the other tiles to see if there's some content I would like that I may have missed. It makes the dashboard feel more "alive" and "organic" than the PS3 and Wii counterparts (yes, I own all three).

5) Madden was infinitely superior to the NFL 2K series in every way except presentation. The gameplay and graphics on the 2K games were horrendous and I didn't shed a single tear for the death of that abomination. Madden NFL 13 is the best representation of football on a video game system ever.

6) Only idiots complain about games being "dumbed down" and "simplified". Just because a game excised some redundant or useless statistics doesn't mean the game is "dumbed down".

7) Anyone complaining about games being "casual" or "hardcore" should be summarily executed to save the oxygen they would use for someone with a brain.

8) Kinect games can be damn fun. Some are complete crap, but all games have that potential.

9) Nintendo games have been horribly boring since the early 1990s. Hell, the only good thing Nintendo has done for the industry was the "Nintendo Seal of Quality" back in 1985. Since then they've been coasting on the momentum they gained due to their illegal third-party agreements during the NES days. They're less relevant all the time, and with the portable market going to smartphones and tablets it's just a matter of time until Nintendo becomes a third-party developer and, eventually, dies a slow, painful death.

10) Japanese-developed games have horrible, cliched design choices. C'mon guys, there are better ways to program a menu and better sounds to use when a user selects something than the ones you've been using since 1985.

11) Mass Effect was the best complete series I have ever played...including the GREAT ending (after the Extended Cut was released).

12) Dragon Age II is better than Dragon Age:Origins. Origins is horribly paced, slow, unresponsive, and horribly unoriginal. It's a pastiche of a horrible writer - Tolkien.

13) Peter Molyneux is a genius.

14) JRPGs have served their usefulness and will decline severely. JRPGs were great when consoles couldn't run REAL RPGs, but now that games like Mass Effect, KOTOR, Skyrim, and others can be released on all major consoles we don't need the cliched crap any more.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#57KtuluheroIIPosted 2/3/2013 10:07:44 AM(edited)
Shadow of the Colossus is a terrible game that doesn't deserve any of the love it gets
Shenmue sucks
---
http://i.imgur.com/47zOc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MsEGm.jpg
#58Luthor_Posted 2/3/2013 10:14:00 AM
WinterNova, your post is a breath of fresh air.

Its like there is a real person on GameFAQs for once.
---
*jumps out of bush and throws spear*
-GorillaOnRoof
#59EmperorBlackPosted 2/3/2013 11:34:31 AM
-Point&Click "adventure" games should remain dead. It's amazing to me that anyone can have fun with that, or even consider it to have "gameplay".

-Turn-based RPGs; I'm not even sure if I hate these more than the Point&Click games. At least for me, it is literally impossible for something from either of these categories to be good.

-Prototype was soooo much better than Infamous.

-There should be more vampires in games. The zombie trend has been stale for quite a few years now. How is it that Skyrim is one of only a *few* games where you get to be a vampire if you want? It's like the Twilight franchise has murdered the image of vampires, and the result is that hardly anyone in the industry wants to go there anymore.
---
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/ZoomSurtr/creations
#60ZacTBPosted 2/3/2013 11:47:31 AM(edited)
1. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood was the best one

2. Half-Life 2 is extremely overrated

3. Mass Effect 3 ending (Extended Cut) was great

4. Halo as a series isn't good

5. Fallout and Elder Scrolls series are boring, glitchy and usually bad

6. Mass Effect series is the best series I have played

7. Resident Evil 5 and 6 were good

8. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 was the best Call of Duty

9. Left 4 Dead is better than Left 4 Dead 2 in almost every single way

10. Pokemon gets very boring very quickly