This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

7 Years Later. Can we say that the Xbox 360 is definitely better than the PS3?

#131nedrithPosted 2/3/2013 12:05:18 AM
Comparing the PS3 to the 360 I would say the PS3. I mean it's winning in sales by most credible evidence. It is IMO the better of the two systems, has the better of the two in hardware design and games. Free online is great, PSN+ is even greater.

Sure 360 online is more reliable for most(though I haven't really had any issues with PSN+ especially nothing that would make me want to pay $60 a month.

The biggest issues is what happened with the company's reputations for the future Gen. MS got themselves annihilated by the RROD issues, how many people are going to trust any MS console near launch because of this issue and people will look heavily on any hardware issues. I remember a thread where MS's supposed first test run had a very low success rate and people were like RROD all over again(it's a test run they were working out the problems and testing the chip).

Sony however didn't come out unscathed either. PSN getting hacked has made people untrusting of online transactions with them. However I think overall this will present itself as less of an issue than MS's hardware issues.

So overall I think Sony "won" the console war out of the HD consoles. Nintendo just blew them both out of the water if we want to look at profits though.
#132FrozenwingsPosted 2/3/2013 12:30:03 AM(edited)
If PC is on the poll, then it's the winner in my book.

I can play ANY game EVER from NES, SNES, N64, Sega, GC, PSX, Wii, and PS2 on it. What's even better is that you can enhance the graphics on most of them, and with the GC/Wii and PS2 emulators you can even adjust the game to render at a much higher resolution, making them look great on big screen hd tvs. So I can play hundreds of games (obviously more than this, but I'm just counting my favorites from those systems) from one spot, with better visuals, with one controller, so very easily.

If you own a decent PC, you owe it to yourself to go grab your favorite PS2 or GC game from it's dusty shelf/box and get an emulator, load it up and crank the internal resolution up to 5x. Over the past 6 months, I've played through Skies of Arcadia, Tales of Symphonia, FFX, Persona 3 and 4, and Rogue Galaxy for the first time in years, and they looked crazy good in 1080p. Xenoblade for Wii is also a great looking game in HD on the dolphin emulator. I couldn't believe the difference between playing it on the wii and on PC.

PC obviously gets a lot of it's own exclusive games, mostly strategy games or MMOs, but those are some of my favorite types of games besides console RPGs. Besides all of that, PC generally gets better versions of the top console games. Buying a 360 is probably my biggest regret, as it doesn't really have any great exclusive games. Lost Odyssey is the only one I can think of that I really cared for.

Now PS3 is a different story. Tons of great exclusives. Uncharted, Infamous, Valkyria Chronicles, Journey, Ni No Kuni, and I'm sure a few others I can't think of at the moment.

So just between the consoles, PS3 wins in my book by far just because of high quality exclusives. PC wins overall because I can play any non exclusive Xbox 360/PS3 game on my PC with better graphics, and usually get some killer deals on Steam. PC also can play any previous generation of console game, and also has it's own exclusives.
#133darkgod1000Posted 2/3/2013 1:32:17 AM
Definitely PS3. No doubt about it.
#134aamotPosted 2/3/2013 2:11:45 AM
Playstation has the stronger features, but I believe that 360 provides a better gaming experience to its community.

Oh my God, they need to make the next console together!
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#135blk911Posted 2/3/2013 3:30:13 AM
God of War Ascension first 30mins just released. WOW!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYJ4A53UziQ

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Video Review(just look at the graphics)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5BE1Vw5B3M
#136NinjuggalotusPosted 2/3/2013 4:13:24 AM
Only loser this gen was PC since it didnt win anything unless you really like MMOs.

This is a real post on this board. Man, this site is so bad.
---
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
#FreeSosa
#137CapwnDPosted 2/3/2013 4:30:28 AM
Comparing the PS3 to the 360 I would say the PS3. I mean it's winning in sales by most credible evidence. It is IMO the better of the two systems, has the better of the two in hardware design and games. Free online is great, PSN+ is even greater.

Sure 360 online is more reliable for most(though I haven't really had any issues with PSN+ especially nothing that would make me want to pay $60 a month.

The biggest issues is what happened with the company's reputations for the future Gen. MS got themselves annihilated by the RROD issues, how many people are going to trust any MS console near launch because of this issue and people will look heavily on any hardware issues. I remember a thread where MS's supposed first test run had a very low success rate and people were like RROD all over again(it's a test run they were working out the problems and testing the chip).

Sony however didn't come out unscathed either. PSN getting hacked has made people untrusting of online transactions with them. However I think overall this will present itself as less of an issue than MS's hardware issues.

So overall I think Sony "won" the console war out of the HD consoles. Nintendo just blew them both out of the water if we want to look at profits though.

So many pro 360 and pro ps3 posts in this topic are just so far beyond f***ing stupid... but I think this one takes the cake.

He's talking about 360 hardware issues and seems to be ignoring the YLOD issues. Dude. Just dude.

I had to pay $987 to have one working PS3. Why? I bought a PS3. It done broke. Paid for a repair because f***ing stupid me actually wanted to continue to have Linux on my PS3, but alas they took that away soon after!

So I paid $187 for a PS3 repair only one year after buying the stupid thing. And hat's great and all, but it f***ing breaks again just over a year later!
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#138The_DjokerPosted 2/3/2013 4:37:45 AM(edited)
NO but it does prove MS know what they're doing whenti comes to console business.

Xbox 25 Mil sales
360 - 70 Mil sales and counting.

PS2- 150 Mil sales
PS3 70 Mil sales and counting.

Sony lost a hell of a lot of market share to MS. Well done Xbox.

It's like Kid A having only 10 marbles, he steals 30 Marbles off Kid B who has over 80 Marbles. Kid B still has more Marbles but he's lost a lot. Kid A meanwhile has gained marbles. Next week however Kid A will come back and maybe take more Marbles, and Kid B will be left with fewer Marbles than Kid A. Kid A will eventually win. Meanwhile Kid C(Nintendo) doesn't have marbles, he plays with 100's of barbie dolls elsewhere. The Adult(The PC)actually works for a living buys and owns as many marbles as he wants and doesn't need to compete with the other kids.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#139SunDevil77Posted 2/3/2013 5:18:26 AM
Virauge posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
DaLagga posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Jason_Hudson posted...
PC won seeing as it can do everything consoles can and more.

No. It can't.

What exactly can't it do? Performance, graphics, controls, online, digital distribution, backwards compatibility (with both PC and older console games via emulators), multi-media functionality, game prices, etc. are all far superior to what you can get on a console. And if you're going to list console exclusives not on PC, then I could easily list far more PC exclusives that are not on consoles. These days, a console is essentially just a really low end PC with child locks.

a lot

Gotta love people who have nothing meaningful in their lives so they feel an overwhelming urge to troll. It's funny how GameFAQS reporting you have a selection for trolling, but they never actually do anything to trolls or their comments.

Wait...what?
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#140jakestar0306Posted 2/3/2013 5:37:16 AM
How can a PC win a console war? It's not even a console.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.