This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

7 Years Later. Can we say that the Xbox 360 is definitely better than the PS3?

#141JanayBerryPosted 2/3/2013 7:10:00 AM
Personal experience with both:

PS3:
Financially, it saves money. Free online gaming, membership is optional ($17.99 for 3 months, $49.99 for 12 months). The subscription (Playstation Plus) allowed me to get games I wouldn't have normally bought (I was able to get "Two Worlds 2" for $5, the more recent "Mortal Kombat" for $29.99, and "Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition" for free, just to name a few). I DO hate how you have to download a game THEN install it.

Xbox:
Without being a Gold member, the system pretty much suck. But, you DEFINITELY get your money's worth when you subscribe. Downloads being much faster than PS3 (I started the download process of "Double Dragon Neon" on both systems at the same time. PS3 version was 1.8gigs while Xbox was 2.3gigs. The Xbox version was done and playable while the PS3 version was only at 42% complete, and that was BEFORE having to install).

Overall:
Downloading PS3 games while I'm sleep made me feel better. However, I like how Xbox can download while the system is off. Gaming-wise, I like the interaction better on Xbox. PS3 does have a nicer community, though. With other things I won't bother explaining, both Xbox and PS3 are a tie in my own personal System War.

On PS3, majority of my time is on "DC Universe Online". On Xbox, majority of my time is on "Gears of War 3". Other than that, I have the same downloads on both system, so it's fare game.
---
PSN ID: Jim_Berry
#142-Damien-Posted 2/3/2013 11:38:48 AM
hurley4 posted...
You posted this in the 360 forum, and PS3 still won, there's your answer.

I actually had to look again what board this is posted in
#143McDohl MRPosted 2/3/2013 8:13:39 PM
Gotta disagree with anyone who says PC. PC doesn't get AAA exclusives (except Valve stuff, if those are considered AAA, I don't really know or care), so it's basically the automatic loser every gen. Everyone also has different specs, so there are a lot of people (I'd say most people) who won't see console-level performance out of their PCs. It's also the platform most prone to piracy, so I'd imagine it sees the least sales and the lowest returns, though since sales tracking in the west isn't made public (or done well) and PC is a non-existent market in Japan, there's no way to really back that up with numbers.

PC's a great platform for indie games, though. It just can't be considered a serious competitor to consoles.
---
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/daverost
#144hurley4Posted 2/3/2013 9:31:51 PM
McDohl MR posted...
Gotta disagree with anyone who says PC. PC doesn't get AAA exclusives (except Valve stuff, if those are considered AAA, I don't really know or care), so it's basically the automatic loser every gen. Everyone also has different specs, so there are a lot of people (I'd say most people) who won't see console-level performance out of their PCs. It's also the platform most prone to piracy, so I'd imagine it sees the least sales and the lowest returns, though since sales tracking in the west isn't made public (or done well) and PC is a non-existent market in Japan, there's no way to really back that up with numbers.

PC's a great platform for indie games, though. It just can't be considered a serious competitor to consoles.

I know right, funny though.

FYI, I personally believe that PS3 was by far the best system this generation. I own all 4 (and the wiiu, terrible) and PS3 is my home. No pun intended.
---
PSN: ChristianFour