This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

7 Years Later. Can we say that the Xbox 360 is definitely better than the PS3?

#31DaLaggaPosted 2/2/2013 10:46:47 AM(edited)
Nemerlight posted...
Only loser this gen was PC since it didnt win anything unless you really like MMOs.

How do you figure? During this generation the PC has exploded in popularity, has become easier than ever to use, seen the rise of Steam with its amazing sales, and has received nearly as many exclusives as all 3 consoles combined (link below) while also getting the definitive version of nearly every single multi-platform game this generation.

http://rustygamer.wordpress.com/7th-generation-exclusives/the-results/

Seeing as how both Microsoft and Sony lost a fortune this generation (especially Sony) while Nintendo cemented its reputation as a casual games company, it seems to me like the PC is the only "winner" this generation.
#32vigorm0rtisPosted 2/2/2013 10:54:29 AM
DaLagga posted...

Seeing as how both Microsoft and Sony lost a fortune this generation (especially Sony) while Nintendo cemented its reputation as a casual games company, it seems to me like the PC is the only "winner" this generation.

PC market might look like it's blowin' up, but gaming as a whole has grown exponentially in the last decade. PC has not kept pace with the growth of the industry as a whole.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#33ILikesCheesePosted 2/2/2013 11:06:58 AM
Robot_Soopa posted...
Wii - Sales
PS3 - Exclusives
360 - Online

Pretty much in a nutshell.

Whatever this "war" was, if it involved money, Nintendo won hands down.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#34Jason_HudsonPosted 2/2/2013 11:08:24 AM
PC won seeing as it can do everything consoles can and more.
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest MW3 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
#35DaLaggaPosted 2/2/2013 11:09:33 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
PC market might look like it's blowin' up, but gaming as a whole has grown exponentially in the last decade. PC has not kept pace with the growth of the industry as a whole.

That was true 5 to 10 years ago. But for the past couple of years, console game sales have been shrinking while PC has continued to grow rapidly. Hence why there's a lot of analysts recently who predict that the PC market will overtake the console market by the end of the decade.
#36xTreefiddy350xPosted 2/2/2013 12:05:47 PM
aDomination posted...
360>PS3 - game selection.
PS3>360 - system itself.

This is my opinion.

The game selection is really just an opinion. I like the 360 this gen mostly because of Halo and a few other games. Although, Halo kinda sucks now after 3 so next gen will be interesting.
#37MacBookAirPosted 2/2/2013 12:13:38 PM
No.

Xbox 360 is better in some places, PS3 is better in others.
---
"Sweet Kitty, Sweet Kitty, send your topics unto me..." - Lord-Sheogorath
#38Arucard05Posted 2/2/2013 12:13:47 PM
That was true 5 to 10 years ago. But for the past couple of years, console game sales have been shrinking while PC has continued to grow rapidly. Hence why there's a lot of analysts recently who predict that the PC market will overtake the console market by the end of the decade.

This overly long generation had a lot to do do with that. I've been ready for new consoles since 2009 at least.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#39SunDevil77Posted 2/2/2013 12:16:04 PM
Jason_Hudson posted...
PC won seeing as it can do everything consoles can and more.

No. It can't.
---
Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.
#40King_MadnessPosted 2/2/2013 12:40:23 PM
PS3: Rachet and Clank, Sly Cooper, God of War, Infamous, Killzone, Uncharted, Resistance, Metal Gear Solid 4,

360: Gears of War

(Forza and Grand Turismo cancel each other out)

When I got a 360 I got it thinking it would keep its exclusives and dish out more. Boy was I wrong.
---
MGiant-AYankees-VKnicksS