This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

7 Years Later. Can we say that the Xbox 360 is definitely better than the PS3?

#41Gurn BlanstonPosted 2/2/2013 1:43:10 PM
Was an interesting Gen

Microsoft started strong - Got a lot support thanks to their money but lost it after 2008 when the PS3 got stronger in sales with its Slim Edition and after Microsoft stoped its efforts cause they saw they only need CoD Mappacks to counter the 11 of 12 month losing against Sony every year since then.

Sony started weak.
Didn't have the 3rd party support and exclusives took a long time to arrive.
Multiplats started slowly to get better on the PS3 after 2009 while the Exclusives really took their destruction of everything else the day Uncharted 2 got released and Naughty Dog showed what is possible with that console.
Since 2010 its the definitive choice for the HD Console you should have.
Multiplats are 7/10 times better on the PS3 - Exclusives are thrown at you like nothing else.Even now in 2013 NEW AAAA Exclusives are coming with NiNoKuni,The Last of Us and Beyond.Of course some sequels too like Sly and God of War and other things.

And please people
Read the articles that show how much superior PSN+ is right now over XboxLive.
Sony did a good catch up and got in every aspect better than Microsoft.
Sadly so late a lot people don't care anymore.

Wii...Well.
The day Dolphin did run well it was a great console.
Xenoblade looked great in Full HD will all the nice effects.
Otherwise it was a letdown.

If Sony would have started like it is right now in 2012/2013 Microsoft wouldn't have stood a single chance.
They made it hard for themself...Microsoft used that pretty good.
But in the end...PS3+PC is the way to go.
You get the Multiplats that are on PS360+PC on PC cause of Max Settings and nice stuff.Battlefield 3,Skyrim with Mods and WItcher 2 show how much difference there can be,
And the games that are only on PS360 are mostly better on the PS3 right now.

It was a Gen were you had a lot of choice and every console had its advantages in its prime time.

But the PS3 is the King of consoles.at the end of the Gen aka right now.
This is a fact.You can't deny that.

That's some funny stuff right there, I don't care who you are. Thanks for the chuckles.
#42TrugamerPosted 2/2/2013 1:47:08 PM
I think without question we can say the 360 controller is better than the PS3 but that is about it.
Well unless you are big on paying for slightly better online gaming and content DL speeds on XBL.
If you are talking strictly about games the answer to me in no and much of it has to do with Xbox not having a single decent MLB game.
#43DaLaggaPosted 2/2/2013 1:57:07 PM(edited)
SunDevil77 posted...
Jason_Hudson posted...
PC won seeing as it can do everything consoles can and more.

No. It can't.

What exactly can't it do? Performance, graphics, controls, online, digital distribution, backwards compatibility (with both PC and older console games via emulators), multi-media functionality, game prices, etc. are all far superior to what you can get on a console. And if you're going to list console exclusives not on PC, then I could easily list far more PC exclusives that are not on consoles. These days, a console is essentially just a really low end PC with child locks.
#44TheArcadePosted 2/2/2013 2:09:07 PM
txbully posted...
so you guys saw this title:

7 Years Later. Can we say that the Xbox 360 is definitely better than the PS3?

and decided to come in, only to state, you don't care? right.

now for a serious answer. xbox definitely won. more games and better online experience. i've played the same game on both systems, and noticed lag on the ps3 version. also when it came out, it wasn't $600. my credit card info was never stolen, and i have used it many times on my xbox. also, i'm an adult with adult sized hands, which the controller accommodates. ps3 has some winning points, both not enough to win. and none of this is to say ps3 is a bad machine, just not the better.

my honest non condescending answer to the question posed.

This.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#45TheArcadePosted 2/2/2013 2:21:20 PM(edited)
King_Madness posted...
PS3: Rachet and Clank, Sly Cooper, God of War, Infamous, Killzone, Uncharted, Resistance, Metal Gear Solid 4,

360: Gears of War

(Forza and Grand Turismo cancel each other out)

When I got a 360 I got it thinking it would keep its exclusives and dish out more. Boy was I wrong.

Your list is rather biased.

360: Gears of War, Dead or Alive 4, PGR4, Witcher 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Alan Wake, Left 4 Dead 2, Dead Rising, DeathSmiles

I'd argue X360 held onto many exclusives. That being said, Sony lost their share of exclusive IP's this gen as well.

Don't even get me started on XBLA. To say 360 only got Gears is the same as saying PS3 only got MGS4.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#46stargazer1981Posted 2/2/2013 2:26:33 PM
Pointless bickering about trivial entertainment, nerds on patrol, blathering and blubbering about console superiority, brand loyalty (even though the brand would never be loyal to its consumers), etc, etc.

Grumble grumble grumble.

The Wii won. ;-)
---
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi
#47King_MadnessPosted 2/2/2013 2:44:26 PM
TheArcade posted...
King_Madness posted...
PS3: Rachet and Clank, Sly Cooper, God of War, Infamous, Killzone, Uncharted, Resistance, Metal Gear Solid 4,

360: Gears of War

(Forza and Grand Turismo cancel each other out)

When I got a 360 I got it thinking it would keep its exclusives and dish out more. Boy was I wrong.

Your list is rather biased.

360: Gears of War, Dead or Alive 4, PGR4, Witcher 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Alan Wake, Left 4 Dead 2, Dead Rising, DeathSmiles

I'd argue X360 held onto many exclusives. That being said, Sony lost their share of exclusive IP's this gen as well.

Don't even get me started on XBLA. To say 360 only got Gears is the same as saying PS3 only got MGS4.

The only games you listed that are on the level of PS3 exclusives is GoW, and Witcher 2(which is really a PC port). I have a 360 but I ain't blind.
---
MGiant-AYankees-VKnicksS
#48mhollan3Posted 2/2/2013 2:59:53 PM
I've had all three systems. Here's my opinion.

The 360 is a solid piece of hardware, who has embraced user-made gaming (( XBLIG )) and released tons of product. The only thing I don't like about it is that XBL Gold is still required to play games online, or at the least, required to use apps you pay for in the first place, like Netflix and Hulu Plus.

The PS3 is also a solid piece of hardware. I've had more or less the same troubles on both the PS3 and 360 (( I had an S, now have an old whitey )) as per bugs and such, and a plus on the PS3 is you don't need to pay to watch Netflix (( Unlike XBL, you just sign in your Netflix account and watch stuff )) or play games online. PSN+'s Instant Game Collection was the reason I traded in my old 360 for a PS3, and I don't really regret it.

The Wii? I modded my Wii to play emulators on it. I didn't play it much aside from Retro gaming (( I had two Wiis. First one burned in a house fire, second one was modded 'cause Nintendo didn't want to help me transfer my $300 VC/WiiShop library. )).

In my eyes, while the 360 won the war, I think the PS3 is a better system that needs to copy a couple things the 360 has. (( Voice chat, the ability to play music during games. ))
#49darealest47Posted 2/2/2013 3:09:38 PM
The 360-PS3 war was, is, and will always be a joke. Now the SNES-Genesis War; That was a REAL war. Boy has times fly by.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#50mhollan3Posted 2/2/2013 3:11:21 PM
Oh boy. I was always a Genesis fanboy. Lunar, Phantasy Star? Give me PSIV over FFIV's whiny emo-Cecil any day.