This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

7 Years Later. Can we say that the Xbox 360 is definitely better than the PS3?

#71ExiliousPosted 2/2/2013 5:22:21 PM
The real winners are the gamers. It was a good generation and a very long one. The generations have been doubling in length every time, so I wonder if this next gen will really last over 15 years.

There are things that need to change, however, like yearly releases of the same game. That needs to be phased out in favor of more DLC and updates to existing content since it's looks like we'll be switching to digital over optical media.

Also, PS3 had no games.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Windforce 3x GTX 680 OC | 12gb PNY XLR8 DDR3 1600mhz CAS-7 | OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
LeagueCraft ARAM Admin / Blacklist Administrator
#72DaLaggaPosted 2/2/2013 5:42:46 PM(edited)
kingwutugu posted...
game doesn't need to be installed, you don't need a key to play the game, and more of those games require a connection to even play, and if you want to play older games you may need an older os, so you need a pc for every os made.

-Installing games is highly recommended on the x360 though. Even if you don't install, the extra time you have to wait for things to load on the x360 easily takes far longer in total than the time it takes to install a PC game + the short load times. Moreover, if you buy a game off of Steam, I can easily have it downloaded and installed before you have a chance to run up to the store, buy it, and get back home. So no, not having to install on the x360 is most certainly not an advantage.

-You do not need a cd-key to play most games. Have you played a PC game in the past 5 years? And even in the case that you do, it takes all of about 15 seconds to input a cd key. Meanwhile, it takes far longer to download updates and patches from Microsoft's slow ass servers that they charge monthly for.

-Hardly any games require a connection to play unless they're primarily MP games anyway (like MMO's). And with most of those remaining few games that do require a connection for SP, you can easily download a crack to bypass it. But if you want to discuss DRM schemes, then I think you'll find that a console, by its very nature, is the most intrusive DRM scheme ever devised.

-No, you don't need a different OS. Most games will run on Windows 7 and if there's issues with older games there's almost always a workaround. Meanwhile, how well does the x360 handle older games? Many original Xbox games won't run at all, and some run but with tons of issues and no workarounds. Moreover, the X360 can only play games back as far as 2001 - and only games released on the Xbox. On PC, you can play pretty much any PC game ever made and almost any console game ever made for previous gen consoles thanks to emulators.

The bottom line is, for whatever advantage you try to dig up for a console, there's always a limitation that ultimately makes that "advantage" seem insignificant considering the slew of disadvantages that come attached to it.
#73blk911Posted 2/2/2013 5:46:57 PM
Mojoseph_47 posted...
Seeing how I went through one 360, but my 5 year old Ps3 still works, yeah Ps3 won it for me, plus I like their exclusives, built in bluray player, and and free internet. The only thing Microsoft has over them is their controller, but seeing how I have large hands, and the Ps3 controller is just fine for, I don't see how that can be some people's selling point..

Also the cronus Adapter allows you to use the 360 controller on the PS3.
#74Fou LuPosted 2/2/2013 5:53:30 PM
Considering I own both and prefer the 360 to the PS3, yep, the 360 is better than the PS3.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#75Reginleif20Posted 2/2/2013 5:56:13 PM
PS3 mostly because of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#76MajinKogahazanPosted 2/2/2013 5:58:35 PM
Can't really say that any system really "won" for me, but between the 360 and PS3, definately the PS3.
---
Read a Nuzlocke by me and a friend at: http://blue-heracross.deviantart.com/
Dubs>Subs
#77SparkItUpPosted 2/2/2013 6:00:03 PM
Exilious posted...
The real winners are the gamers. It was a good generation and a very long one. The generations have been doubling in length every time, so I wonder if this next gen will really last over 15 years.

There are things that need to change, however, like yearly releases of the same game. That needs to be phased out in favor of more DLC and updates to existing content since it's looks like we'll be switching to digital over optical media.

Also, PS3 had no games.

I dunno, I kinda felt that it was a bland generation all around. There were some hits, but really nothing iconic.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...
#78blk911Posted 2/2/2013 6:10:46 PM
PS3 hands Down!!!

Just Look at the the upcoming God of War Ascension first 30mins just released. WOW!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYJ4A53UziQ
#79Mojoseph_47Posted 2/2/2013 6:11:55 PM
Exilious posted...
.Also, PS3 had no games.

Wow, dude you are crazy...
---
I am a spy among the living, so that I may deliver men to death.-?
#80blk911Posted 2/2/2013 6:14:10 PM
God of War Ascension first 30mins just released. WOW!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYJ4A53UziQ