This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you dont buy DLC, then you are not a premium gamer

#31Hawker44Posted 2/2/2013 6:02:22 AM
better logic tc,

If you don't buy Disc Locked Content, you're saying you are not a complete & total idiot that's going to pay extra for things that are already written on the disc.

I have no problem buying DLC done right, (see Borderlands or Fallout) but I won't pay extra for a level, costume, or weapon that is already on the freaking disc. Whatever happened to unlocking things by beating the game? Oh right, why do that if the company can rip off a bunch of stupid people.
#32DonomegaPosted 2/2/2013 6:17:07 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
necro00 posted...
If you keep buying DLC, then you are encouraging companies to keep with their crap

I agree.

That's true!

Soon when you buy a Madden game it'll include two teams, the rest will be DLC
---
Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 640K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk
3DS FC: 0903-4184-6816
#33singhellotakuPosted 2/2/2013 6:32:47 AM
thats stupid
#34AWarAmp84Posted 2/2/2013 6:35:34 AM
This topic is about as useful as a paper bag full of hair.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#35Dan_Dan_91_07Posted 2/2/2013 6:44:03 AM(edited)
Hawker44 posted...
better logic tc,

If you don't buy Disc Locked Content, you're saying you are not a complete & total idiot that's going to pay extra for things that are already written on the disc.

I have no problem buying DLC done right, (see Borderlands or Fallout) but I won't pay extra for a level, costume, or weapon that is already on the freaking disc. Whatever happened to unlocking things by beating the game? Oh right, why do that if the company can rip off a bunch of stupid people.

...because the practise of having them on the disks already is really the only problem here? Companies may not have disc locked content and instead offer content in the future as a purchasable download but it's still the same thing when done wrong which I believe most of the time. Instead of adding said content onto a disk to be re-bought they keep it on their hard drives so they can later upload it for you to re-buy.

I'm far from having money issues before you start with that "oh it's nice to have expendable income" crap, I've been reading that a lot lately and it's stupid. That doesn't mean I like to pay for things that I shouldn't have to! Most of this DLC would already be in the game if it was any of the previous generations. Not only does it still make me feel cheated but even though I don't have money issues I'm still not in a position where I have so much money that I can straight away get everything in the whole world that I want forever without any monetary issues - you'd have to be an extremely boring person if you're not in the same position (and remarkably 'lucky').

Edit: The second paragraph wasn't directed at you specifically at you Hawk, just realised it may seem that way.
#36SilentS89Posted 2/2/2013 6:46:00 AM
DLC kills my empathy towards companies when they complain about used games.
#37MercedesAmberrPosted 2/2/2013 6:57:40 AM
Cool story, bro.
Wonderful to see that people don't think they're better than others. (!)
#38schmittycent2Posted 2/2/2013 7:00:52 AM
The only way I will buy dlc is if its really worth it I.e rockstar games dlc are well worth the money.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#39SunDevil77Posted 2/2/2013 7:03:05 AM
I'm with Schmitty, the Oblivion horse armor is fantastic. I bought it instead of buying lunch for the fam that day. Never looked back. Great purchase.
---
Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.
#40FFG_HarnessPosted 2/2/2013 7:03:49 AM
This topic has been posted millions of times before. You've all been trolled.
---
GT: FFG Harness
Steam: Harness (Saul Goodman)