This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you dont buy DLC, then you are not a premium gamer

#51strayfiesPosted 2/2/2013 8:19:13 AM
great OP
#52D_Rich_KingPosted 2/2/2013 8:33:40 AM(edited)
Premium gamer:
Someone who will buy Dead Space 3 and all the DLC that comes with it.
---
DLC is a method of corporate profiteering. Will you buy into it?
#53ArcaGrowlMewTwoPosted 2/2/2013 8:39:36 AM
Right, because buying every last piece of DLC for a game, even the ones you don't actually want, makes you somehow better than everyone else. Yeah. Try playing an EA game with that attitude, then get back to us.
---
Pro Tip 1: Insulting omnipotent forces of evil generally turns out to be a very bad idea.
#54OlliesdadPosted 2/2/2013 8:41:12 AM
So if you didn't get Moxxi's Underdome Riot you are not a premium gamer... and here I thought that made you smart. So much DLC is crap...a money grab.
#55The Waynos BumPosted 2/2/2013 8:44:45 AM
I'll often buy DLC for games I don't even own yet.
Map packs to any Call of Duty and Halo are day-one downloads for me. But I've never played a single game from either series.
---
Canya a l'Europa del capital!
#56bluedragon619Posted 2/2/2013 8:47:06 AM
I buy dlc but your still a douche
---
Your dead, NOW STAY DEAD
#57TrugamerPosted 2/2/2013 9:06:31 AM
I call them the luxury box gamer's but yeah there is definitely a system in place now to charge $110 a game for the people who can afford it.
Leaving the rest of the "peasants" to wait out the deals and GOTY editions.
Oh well it is what it is at this point , the industry pushed as far as they could and this is what gamer's gave them.

I just find the pricing on most DLC to be insulting when compared to the content of a full game so instead of buying DLC I just buy other games instead.
I mean a map pack should not cost 25% of the total cost of a new game , pretty much everything is over priced.
Instead of making DLC seem like a great deal and a reward for buying and enjoying the game it seems like in ungrateful and intentional milk job most of the time which is sad.
#58SudiekenPosted 2/2/2013 9:37:54 AM
The Waynos Bum posted...
Map packs to any Call of Duty and Halo are day-one downloads for me. But I've never played a single game from either series.

Not sure if you're serious, but if you are, I'm not impressed by your incredibly poor money management skills.
#59KobraXZPosted 2/2/2013 9:41:05 AM
The Waynos Bum posted...

That would be more believable if you didn't have every Halo game except 4 and Combat Evolved Anniversary listed as "Owned" on your account.

A+ for effort though.
#60twistedspoon27Posted 2/2/2013 9:45:59 AM
D_FenestrationX posted...
How else do I make sure I'm not one of these "premium gamer" doodads?

---
---Signature Closed for Remodeling---