This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Collectors edition items remind me so much of toys in cereal boxes

#11JKSonicPosted 2/2/2013 7:11:26 AM
never could see spending 150 bucks on a video game.

Me either, I have Halo Reach (the big statue is sitting in my storage room atm) but got that for $40 new at Target. I got the New Vegas one for $30 new at Gamestop. And I got Alan Way for I believe $30 new as well from Amazon. Oh I also had TW2 and got that for I think $50 and sold it for $90 a couple weeks later.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#12rockyoumonkeysPosted 2/2/2013 10:31:39 AM
I guess I reckon the types of people who spend $150 on a game with a little statue are pretty well off, and have a big house with lots of open space they need to fill with crap and clutter.

So whichever.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#13Killah PriestPosted 2/2/2013 10:39:41 AM
I've been mostly happy with the special editions I've gotten.

I'd say the only one I really hated was the Skyrim statue, that thing looked stupid, was built cheaply, and never fit right on its base.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#14JukainPosted 2/2/2013 11:39:28 AM
I would have loved the Arcana Heart 3 CE if it was the PAL one. But the Japan one was so depressingly bad I saved my money and just got the standard edition.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#15karvinyereizowtPosted 2/2/2013 1:06:14 PM
I've only bought one CE since the 360 has been out, and that was Mass Effect 2 because I was a huge fan of the original and was only $70 or $80, I forget.

Since then others have caught my eye but just never took the plunge till now. Already have the Aliens:CM CE paid off because the statue is so iconic. Would have been better if Ripley was in the loader, but not condusive to the canon story in the game. Gonna be sweet!
---
Do you know the "Sulu Dance?"
#16SparkItUpPosted 2/2/2013 1:47:50 PM
It's simple really...where some people find value, others may not...If you don't find the value, don't buy it...if you do, go ahead and do so. There really is no right or wrong answer in whether someone buys a collector's edition or not.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...