This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

CNN host tries and fails to link videogames to violence,,,

#31656stoogePosted 2/2/2013 10:52:08 AM
DyingPancake posted...

Great points you made there

You're right. My bad. Maybe these gun manufacturers should branch of and start developing things like civilian hand grenades and RPGs. That's sure to bring in even more jobs and that can only be viewed as a good thing.

Moral of the story: as long as it provides jobs it's okay and would should just ignore any problems cause by the product.....unless it's video games. Ban those and screw all the hate filled ****ers that work on them!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#32TheBlueStigPosted 2/2/2013 10:54:23 AM
Here's more of CNN's political agenda, browbeating, and total frustration when they don't get the "answers" they want.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2btKEnfuA4

Jeremy Clarkson needs to come to the USA and stand behind Piers Morgan and knock him flat on his ass every time he steps out of line, just like he did in the UK when Morgan was printing lies about Clarkson.

Fans of Morgan need to remember that he was involved in the cellphone hacking privacy invasions in the UK.

656stooge posted...
DyingPancake posted...
656stooge posted...
...I don't even know what to say. I saw the first few minutes of them getting upset about all these poor assault rifle manufacturers and I....I don't know what to say.

Really? There actually exists a place that stupid? Really?

This actually can be a very concerning problem

Do you realize how many jobs could be lost because of ridiculous bans? Or how much it would hurt the economy?

Facepalm/

Hunters alone, $50 Billion in retail sales, permit fees, licensing, travel fees, food, lodging, guides, mandatory land and animal conservation donations, and HALF A MILLION JOBS. The 1937 Pittman-Robertson Act mandates 10% of every gun, ammo, and gun accessory purchase go towards land and animal conservation, that's nearly $5 Billion Dollars generated for conservation since 1937.

Sport Shooters and Police Sales make up the other $50 Billion in economy driving cash and another HALF A MILLION JOBS, not including police jobs.

So you ban all that and 1 MILLION PEOPLE would be out of work, and $100 Billion Dollars would be missing from the economy every year.

Now tell me something, when the FBI has PROVEN BEYOND ALL DOUBTS that both violent crime numbers and firearm homicide numbers are lower than ever before, why do we need "stronger gun laws" when things are getting BETTER????????? Especially when it's KNOWN that those gun laws didn't work last time, they only made things worse.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#33DyingPancakePosted 2/2/2013 10:56:44 AM
656stooge posted...
DyingPancake posted...

You're right. My bad. Maybe these gun manufacturers should branch of and start developing things like civilian hand grenades and RPGs. That's sure to bring in even more jobs and that can only be viewed as a good thing.

Moral of the story: as long as it provides jobs it's okay and would should just ignore any problems cause by the product.....unless it's video games. Ban those and screw all the hate filled ****ers that work on them!

Do you just make up things that you think sound good?

Aside from the fact that civilians already can own RPGs that's not even what this discussion is about. You're taking away jobs from something that's not even the source of the problem.

Why not fire the cooks from McDonalds since they're making people fat?
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#34TheBlueStigPosted 2/2/2013 10:56:45 AM
656stooge posted...
DyingPancake posted...

Cars kill more people a year than guns do. So do bad foods, smoking, and doctor's mistakes.

If you really want the economy to go back in the crapper, keep supporting the political agenda of gun bans, and freedom bans in general.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#35656stoogePosted 2/2/2013 11:01:06 AM
Guns ARE the source of the problem. American's are just so used to them being a part of society that they can't see that.

And the hypocrisy amuses me no end. Ban games but not guns? You do realise that the gaming industry provides jobs too?
---
#36DyingPancakePosted 2/2/2013 11:02:46 AM
656stooge posted...
Guns ARE the source of the problem. American's are just so used to them being a part of society that they can't see that.

And the hypocrisy amuses me no end. Ban games but not guns? You do realise that the gaming industry provides jobs too?

Provide me sources that say guns are the problem

And who here wants to ban games? Where are you getting this nonsense from?
---
#37656stoogePosted 2/2/2013 11:05:38 AM
DyingPancake posted...

They want to ban kids from getting their hands on the violent ones. How is that in any way different than wanting to ban select weapons?

And if you want proof that guns are the problem then google America's gun homicide rates and compare that to any non-3rd world countries.
---
#38TheBlueStigPosted 2/2/2013 11:05:56 AM
656stooge posted...

If you actually believe that guns are the SOURCE of the problem, then why is it that when they're banned, crime gets WORSE every single time?

And videogames don't create nearly as many jobs as guns do.
---
Ben Franklin
#39DyingPancakePosted 2/2/2013 11:10:54 AM(edited)
656stooge posted...
DyingPancake posted...

They want to ban kids from getting their hands on the violent ones. How is that in any way different than wanting to ban select weapons?

And if you want proof that guns are the problem then google America's gun homicide rates and compare that to any non-3rd world countries.

We already have laws that stop this. Banning guns that are used in a very, very small percentage of crimes makes no sense

Read up before talking about things you don't understand

http://gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/6.1/gun_facts_6_1_screen.pdf

Also I'd still love to know who here wants to ban games and why we don't fire McDonald cooks
---
#40GollyFluffPosted 2/2/2013 11:12:15 AM
Kill prostitute. Earn points.
---
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."