This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

CNN host tries and fails to link videogames to violence,,,

#91madgreg666Posted 2/4/2013 9:54:17 AM
The only games you could EVER use that argument for (and its still LOL worthy) are the light gun games, but they don't even bring those up.

Duck Hunt = Murder Simulator
---
XBL: madgregXTX
2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX - 1750miles - Wheres the snow? Not in New England anymore!
#92TheBlueStigPosted 2/4/2013 10:02:59 AM
madgreg666 posted...
The only games you could EVER use that argument for (and its still LOL worthy) are the light gun games, but they don't even bring those up.

Duck Hunt = Murder Simulator

Just after Columbine one news agency ran a story about Doom "teaching people how to shoot real guns". They used a Time Crisis arcade cabinet and super-imposed footage of Doom on the screen instead of the real Time Crisis gameplay, with a supposed "off duty cop" claiming that these games really did teach people to shoot real guns.

If light gun games were still as popular as they were back then, the news would be all over them and so would the politicians. It's bad enough that Jack Thompson is still making phone calls and getting politicians on his side again, calling every M rated game a "murder simulator", we don't need more manufactured stories involving light gun games.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#93CalistoCoonPosted 2/4/2013 10:15:21 AM
Ah Erin Burnett, queen of the Wall Street Puppets, selling out the truth for Corporate Interest.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#94TaikutsunaPosted 2/4/2013 2:02:33 PM
Chess... Now that's a Violent game... Taught me how to wage war.
---
If god didn't want people eating animals...
He wouldn't have made them out of meat..
#95Madness2012(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 8:27:56 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Madness2012 posted...
I just wish they would get there facts straight if there going to report about something
they know nothing about......

You're asking CNN, the current kings of lies and bias, to get their facts straight.

You must like exercises in futility.

Are you talking about FoxNews?lol
#96TheBlueStigPosted 2/4/2013 8:50:41 PM
Madness2012 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Madness2012 posted...
I just wish they would get there facts straight if there going to report about something
they know nothing about......

You're asking CNN, the current kings of lies and bias, to get their facts straight.

You must like exercises in futility.

Are you talking about FoxNews?lol

No, I'm not, CNN lost 50% of their viewers last year because people finally got tired of the bias and bulls*** lies.

CNN is very selective about what they will and won't report, and more specifically, HOW they report it. They choose their wording to achieve a specific goal when they're just "reporting" on things, and when it's an interview it's usually stacked against the person being interviewed if that person might present an opposing viewpoint to the liberal side. If the one being interviewed is a liberal, it's an ass kissing contest that's nothing but fluff with nothing negative ever being brought up.

Personal opinions and politics need to be totally removed from news reporting, but that will never happen as long as mega-corporations own the news agencies. The agenda of the owners is presented before the truth ever is.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#97Cow KillerPosted 2/4/2013 10:50:46 PM
CNN used to be middle of the road when it came to bias, but lately you can tell there's been real outside influence that has put them into the junk tier. A shame really.
---
Nothin' like a sponge for gaming!
#98The DevourerPosted 2/5/2013 12:46:36 AM
Duwstai posted...
I'm probably going to sound really sexist when I say this but here we go.

Why is it when there's a link to a video from CNN or Fox or whatever talking about the evils of video games and how they cause violence and etc etc, the news anchor is always a woman?

From the Mass "the game is nothing but you playing as a space marine who goes around having sex with every alien he can find" Effect to this, it always seems to be a woman leading the charge to stop these heinous video games from destroying our fair country.

Probably because most of the anchorpeople in general are women.

And really, health boost and in game currency is pretty much the same thing as "points" to an outside observer. Its not like she was totally off base.

What was off base was her ridiculous assumptions about video games causing violence. But that isnt news. There are tons of stupid people out there looking for a scapegoat, and some juicy quotes to up ratings. What really pissed me off about that video was a licensed psychologist saying "No video games dont cause violence, but the govt should control them anyway."

Get the hell out of here.

You don't get health for killing prostitutes though. And it's not a big thing. You paid money, you did your business, you killed them, got your money back. That's it. It's not points, it's not some benefit for killing them. The amount of money you pay is insignificant compared to any other source of money you get in the game. So there's really no benefit to doing it.

But then again, these people should be researching and educating themselves rather than pushing their stupid ignorant agendas and baseless opinions.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#99Madness2012(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:23:31 PM
The Devourer posted...
Duwstai posted...
I'm probably going to sound really sexist when I say this but here we go.

Why is it when there's a link to a video from CNN or Fox or whatever talking about the evils of video games and how they cause violence and etc etc, the news anchor is always a woman?

From the Mass "the game is nothing but you playing as a space marine who goes around having sex with every alien he can find" Effect to this, it always seems to be a woman leading the charge to stop these heinous video games from destroying our fair country.

Probably because most of the anchorpeople in general are women.

And really, health boost and in game currency is pretty much the same thing as "points" to an outside observer. Its not like she was totally off base.

What was off base was her ridiculous assumptions about video games causing violence. But that isnt news. There are tons of stupid people out there looking for a scapegoat, and some juicy quotes to up ratings. What really pissed me off about that video was a licensed psychologist saying "No video games dont cause violence, but the govt should control them anyway."

Get the hell out of here.

You don't get health for killing prostitutes though. And it's not a big thing. You paid money, you did your business, you killed them, got your money back. That's it. It's not points, it's not some benefit for killing them. The amount of money you pay is insignificant compared to any other source of money you get in the game. So there's really no benefit to doing it.

But then again, these people should be researching and educating themselves rather than pushing their stupid ignorant agendas and baseless opinions.

Totally agree
#100vigorm0rtisPosted 2/5/2013 5:28:03 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

They choose their wording to achieve a specific goal when they're just "reporting" on things, and when it's an interview it's usually stacked against the person being interviewed if that person might present an opposing viewpoint to the liberal side. If the one being interviewed is a liberal, it's an ass kissing contest that's nothing but fluff with nothing negative ever being brought up..

CNN's collusion with the Tea Party Express (which is a matter of factual record, not an opinion) suggests otherwise.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF