This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why wasnt Burnout Revenge your favorite in the series?

#11videogameking33Posted 2/2/2013 12:53:31 PM
Revenge is my second favorite in the series, to this day Takedown will always be my favorite and put close to 2000 hours offline & online in that fanastic masterpiece!.
---
Currently Playiing: Dishonored (360), Sniper Elite V2 (PS3), LoZ: SS (Wii)
Diehard Buffalo Bills & Sabres Fan!!...XBL GamerTag & PSN: buffalo29
#12ILikesCheesePosted 2/2/2013 12:57:01 PM
JKSonic posted...
Both 3 and Revenge blow Paradise out of the water IMO.

alienfreaks04 posted...
I didn't enjoy Paradise's open worldness. Failing a race, and having to drive back to the starting point. And not limiting the driving area, so you would have to constantly check your map. It is one of the most disappointing games for me this gen.

I agree in full with both these posts.

The possibility that Criterion is planning a Paradise 2 makes me sad. All these years waiting for a Burnout 6 and THAT is what we are going to get? Boo.

In the end, Burnout 3 was my favorite though. Much more colorful than the grimey cityscape world of Revenge.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#13Mikejl87Posted 2/2/2013 1:54:43 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
JKSonic posted...

alienfreaks04 posted...
I didn't enjoy Paradise's open worldness. Failing a race, and having to drive back to the starting point. And not limiting the driving area, so you would have to constantly check your map. It is one of the most disappointing games for me this gen.

I agree in full with both these posts.

The possibility that Criterion is planning a Paradise 2 makes me sad. All these years waiting for a Burnout 6 and THAT is what we are going to get? Boo.

In the end, Burnout 3 was my favorite though. Much more colorful than the grimey cityscape world of Revenge.

They're not planning a Paradise 2, one of the developers asked a question on the anniversary of Paradise being released for fun, he said that it was highly unlikely it will happen. Besides, Most Wanted is basically Paradise 2

As for the earlier Burnouts, as much as I loved 3, I HATED crash mode. It was basically "aim for the multipliers" mode. As for Revenge, traffic checking took away the fear of hitting cars since you could just plow right through them. Paradise was near perfect since it lacked an actual crash mode.
#14NightRainPosted 2/2/2013 1:58:56 PM
I agree. Burnout Revenge was the best. Nothing beats crash mode.
---
Xbox 360/Wii
Canadiens/Red Sox/Patriots
#15NeoGeoXSegaPosted 2/2/2013 2:38:15 PM

This!
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#16Reel_Big_MikePosted 2/2/2013 3:34:26 PM
Why wasnt Burnout Revenge your favorite in the series?

Because Paradise is far and away the best game in the series.
#17OaklandRaiderzPosted 2/2/2013 3:35:37 PM
because i prefer PROPER racing games, not babby "racing" games.
---
wat
#18the36thchamberPosted 2/2/2013 4:02:46 PM
it is my favorite.the 360 version just doesnt stand a chance against my favorite 360 racing game pgr4.if they wouldve made a real 360 version and not an hd remake i might still be playing it but the graphics just dont do it for me
---
2013 Hype Dogs: Naruto UNS3,Metal Gear Rising,Castlevania LOS2,Crysis 3
GT-xNinjaScrollx
#19ILikesCheesePosted 2/4/2013 7:04:30 AM
Mikejl87 posted...
As for the earlier Burnouts, as much as I loved 3, I HATED crash mode.

O.o

Wow. You and the four other people in the entire world who share that opinion should form a support group.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#20universaldavePosted 2/4/2013 7:21:27 AM
I agree with everyone who says: Burnout 3 >>> Burnout Revenge >>>>>>>>>> Burnout Paradise. Paradise was a huge letdown for me. Personally I'd love to see a true crash mode again (and not like that crappy one on the marketplace).
---
Gamefaqs: where men who can't get dates take every opportunity to tell everyone about their incredibly high standards when it comes to women.