This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IS GTAV the most hyped game ever after Halo 3?

#11FFG_HarnessPosted 2/2/2013 1:45:40 PM
GTA V hype is justified, though.
---
GT: FFG Harness
Steam: Harness (Saul Goodman)
#12SparkItUpPosted 2/2/2013 1:59:28 PM
FFG_Harness posted...
GTA V hype is justified, though.

---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...
#13A-G-IPosted 2/2/2013 3:09:50 PM
The hype right now is a pretty negative one, considering the push-back of the date. But yeah, there's definitely a hype nonetheless.
---
@AperioGaming - I follow back!
AGI - Aperio Gaming Intel
#14CammyApplePosted 2/2/2013 3:22:43 PM
I have yet to encounter any sort of "Hype" for GTAV outside of the occasional internet person.

For a game to even register as having had "hype" I would have to encounter it in meat space.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#15LiquidViperPosted 2/2/2013 3:40:23 PM
Daikatana probably had more hype.
#16CammyApplePosted 2/2/2013 3:42:08 PM
LiquidViper posted...
Daikatana probably had more hype.

No probably about it. It had a lot more hype.
---
#17Reel_Big_MikePosted 2/2/2013 3:42:48 PM
Hopefully. I've been gaming for 20 years and I don't remember being more hyped about a game than GTA V. The more hype the better since I really hope it will outsell Call of Duty.
#18CammyApplePosted 2/2/2013 3:43:33 PM
Reel_Big_Mike posted...
Hopefully. I've been gaming for 20 years and I don't remember being more hyped about a game than GTA V. The more hype the better since I really hope it will outsell Call of Duty.

Why do you hope it outsells Call of Duty?

Also you being hyped and a game being hyped are different things.
---
#19Reel_Big_MikePosted 2/2/2013 3:58:09 PM
CammyApple posted...
Reel_Big_Mike posted...

Why do you hope it outsells Call of Duty?

Also you being hyped and a game being hyped are different things.

Because it's a far, far better game than Call of Duty. I buy a good amount of CoD games, but it still goes w/o saying that GTA titles are much better and I obviously want the best quality games to sell the most copies.

Also, I'm clearly aware of the difference, and nowhere in my post did I conflate the two.
#20PStrifePosted 2/2/2013 9:18:29 PM
I'm just not seeing it, GTA IV kinda annoyed too many people with the stupid upgrading skills scheme it seems.